Sad to say goodbye :/

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I really liked the m8 but am sort of being forced to go back to my iPhone. Even after doing everything I could do to receive messages from people that used to iMessage me, they wouldn't go through.

I can't risk missing out on important communication. Apple sucked me in and won't let me go :(

aramos87

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
And this is the reason they are taking their sweet time fixing the issue. There was no mention of them rectifying the issue on iOS 8 yesterday either. I am not sure why, but it makes me a tad bit angry! Damn you Apple! Sorry to see you go! Maybe the problem will be resolved soon and you can break the shackles they have on you.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I really liked the m8 but am sort of being forced to go back to my iPhone. Even after doing everything I could do to receive messages from people that used to iMessage me, they wouldn't go through.

I can't risk missing out on important communication. Apple sucked me in and won't let me go :(

this seems to be an issue for a lot of people that go from the iphone to any sort of android, my neice just switched to an S5 and she's having these same issues

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
And this is the reason they are taking their sweet time fixing the issue. There was no mention of them rectifying the issue on iOS 8 yesterday either. I am not sure why, but it makes me a tad bit angry! Damn you Apple! Sorry to see you go! Maybe the problem will be resolved soon and you can break the shackles they have on you.

It makes me mad as well! I always switch phones and I have gone back and forth with android and apple a lot in the past but since the roll out of iMessage I have been stuck with apple more often than not. I really thought and was hoping the m8 was going to be the one to pull me away forever ! :/

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just curious.. Have you tried calling them (Apple) to see if they can remove your number from iMessage? I've seen a few times where people called and were able to have it fixed.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just curious.. Have you tried calling them (Apple) to see if they can remove your number from iMessage? I've seen a few times where people called and were able to have it fixed.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.

I did and it didn't do anything. Even the apple agent said it could take up to 45 days for me to be out of their servers and I did everything else suggested to remove my iCloud account, turn off iMessage, etc before I got rid of my last iPhone.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I did and it didn't do anything. Even the apple agent said it could take up to 45 days for me to be out of their servers and I did everything else suggested to remove my iCloud account, turn off iMessage, etc before I got rid of my last iPhone.

Wow, I've always disliked Apple, but this is shocking even from them. You should look into that iMessages lawsuit because they are essentially holding you hostage, and that absolutely has to be illegal. You should be able to move away from Apple if you want to (and there's plenty of good reasons to do so).

hope you get this worked out and don't have to stick with such an ugly company!

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
What's the payoff for the lawsuit ? I don't even know if it's worth it at this point. It's extremely frustrating though. The gold m8 was tooooooo perfect.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

The agent is full of crap. At most it may take 48 hrs. He doesn't know how or just didn't want to remove your number from the icrap service. No way I would go back ever.

Posted via Android Central App

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow, Apple screws you over and your response is to go back? No way...

You guys aren't getting the point. I can't be mad and not go back and risk missing important messages and communication for work, etc. because the messages aren't going through. Believe me. I have a lot of pride and want to "show them" but it's irresponsible without a fix, even if it's their fault.

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Tell the sender to change the color of the text box to blue or green, the opposite of what it is now by long pressing on your contact. Don't remember the exact procedure but you can Google it. I did this awhile back with my wife's phone & it learned to send direct, avoiding iPhone network

Sent from my HTC One M8

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Man, that sucks to have to backwards in tech.. Well.. hopefully Apple gets a little sting if this lawsuit thing goes anywhere.

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
That blows. I get texts from people and some people I don't get. They have iPhones and I used to have one. Anyway that blows.

Posted via Android Central App

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I have an iPhone among my android phones, and I always keep imessage off when I put my SIM in it. I see no benefit having it on as I have unlimited messaging anyway and I have no desire to sms from my iPad. My suggestion, put your sim back to your iPhone and just stay in the green bubble. Latter when you decide to come back to android, you will have no problem.

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue its a simple fix, the people that text under iMessage have turn off iMessage setting on their phone. They only have to text you once it switches to sms. Thereafter you can text them back and stays sms, they can later turn on iMessage and it won't effect your settings.