Sad to say goodbye :/

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
The only feature they lose from imessages is the read receipt confirmation.
iMessages also allowed you to receive your messages on other devices such as iPad and the texts were sync'd across the devices, I think this was it's main purpose. The only 100% sure fix that I have heard of is to contact your provider and have them issue you a new phone number. Believe me I know this is a monumental pain having to inform everyone that your number has changed let alone contacting all your credit card companies (if your cell phone is the contact number in your profile) websites you shop at and any other accounts you may have but it is the only solution that I have heard of to definitely fix the issue.

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
If he's got clients to worry about then it's more important for him to switch back than to act out of pride or defiance. Once those things are resolved, he can move back to Android.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Well here's an update. I decided to say eff you to the man and went to best buy and got a gold HTC one. I'm going to make it work. Somehow. It feels good to be back !!!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well here's an update. I decided to say eff you to the man and went to best buy and got a gold HTC one. I'm going to make it work. Somehow. It feels good to be back !!!
Nice. The damage was already done to you by Apple in your case.
It would be great to know when everyone can message you again, and iMessage has said goodbye and thanks for the memories.
45 days or more?
Still a little confused as to why people have different experiences of the transfer. Down to the store, carrier or individual probably.

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Just curious.. Have you tried calling them (Apple) to see if they can remove your number from iMessage? I've seen a few times where people called and were able to have it fixed.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.

My mom just did this, no issues now.

[JTC ONE m8]

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Nice. The damage was already done to you by Apple in your case.
It would be great to know when everyone can message you again, and iMessage has said goodbye and thanks for the memories.
45 days or more?
Still a little confused as to why people have different experiences of the transfer. Down to the store, carrier or individual probably.

I have received some messages from some iPhone users but not all. I am not sure if they are ignoring me or simply not going through.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have received some messages from some iPhone users but not all. I am not sure if they are ignoring me or simply not going through.

Being another m8 user that went through this after switching from an iPhone 5, here's what needs to be done to rectify the issue. Do ALL of these steps.

- if you still have the iPhone and didn't do it already, place your SIM back in it, allow it to recognize and pick up your number, and turn I Message OFF. If you did this already or don't have the phone disregard.

- If you have ANY OTHER APPLE DEVICE USING THE SAME APPLE ID AS YOUR IPHONE, turn Imessage off on ALL of them.

- after the above is done, RESET your Apple id password.

- text STOP to 48369 to deregister your number from Apple.

- call Apple support and have them manually deregister your number, or at least confirm that it was already done through the previous steps.

-wait 24hrs for the above to take effect. After 24 hrs, you must tell each friend that has tested you recently to delete your conversation from their phone completely, and then and only then send you a text message. It should NOT got through as an iMessage.

Sound like a pain in the @as? That's Apple for you. But I can confirm that this does eventually work, as up until 2 days ago I was not receiving messages either.

Sent from my HTC One (m8) using Tapatalk