Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69
Like Tree42Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Sad to say goodbye :/

    I really liked the m8 but am sort of being forced to go back to my iPhone. Even after doing everything I could do to receive messages from people that used to iMessage me, they wouldn't go through.

    I can't risk missing out on important communication. Apple sucked me in and won't let me go
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    And this is the reason they are taking their sweet time fixing the issue. There was no mention of them rectifying the issue on iOS 8 yesterday either. I am not sure why, but it makes me a tad bit angry! Damn you Apple! Sorry to see you go! Maybe the problem will be resolved soon and you can break the shackles they have on you.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    I really liked the m8 but am sort of being forced to go back to my iPhone. Even after doing everything I could do to receive messages from people that used to iMessage me, they wouldn't go through.

    I can't risk missing out on important communication. Apple sucked me in and won't let me go
    this seems to be an issue for a lot of people that go from the iphone to any sort of android, my neice just switched to an S5 and she's having these same issues

    sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Quote Originally Posted by aramos87 View Post
    And this is the reason they are taking their sweet time fixing the issue. There was no mention of them rectifying the issue on iOS 8 yesterday either. I am not sure why, but it makes me a tad bit angry! Damn you Apple! Sorry to see you go! Maybe the problem will be resolved soon and you can break the shackles they have on you.
    It makes me mad as well! I always switch phones and I have gone back and forth with android and apple a lot in the past but since the roll out of iMessage I have been stuck with apple more often than not. I really thought and was hoping the m8 was going to be the one to pull me away forever ! :/
  5. #5  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,800 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    I really liked the m8 but am sort of being forced to go back to my iPhone. Even after doing everything I could do to receive messages from people that used to iMessage me, they wouldn't go through.

    I can't risk missing out on important communication. Apple sucked me in and won't let me go
    CHeck this out: Apple Hit With Class Action Lawsuit Over Missing iMessages

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by 2:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    I really liked the m8 but am sort of being forced to go back to my iPhone. Even after doing everything I could do to receive messages from people that used to iMessage me, they wouldn't go through.

    I can't risk missing out on important communication. Apple sucked me in and won't let me go
    Just curious.. Have you tried calling them (Apple) to see if they can remove your number from iMessage? I've seen a few times where people called and were able to have it fixed.

    Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Just curious.. Have you tried calling them (Apple) to see if they can remove your number from iMessage? I've seen a few times where people called and were able to have it fixed.

    Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.
    I did and it didn't do anything. Even the apple agent said it could take up to 45 days for me to be out of their servers and I did everything else suggested to remove my iCloud account, turn off iMessage, etc before I got rid of my last iPhone.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    I did and it didn't do anything. Even the apple agent said it could take up to 45 days for me to be out of their servers and I did everything else suggested to remove my iCloud account, turn off iMessage, etc before I got rid of my last iPhone.
    Wow, I've always disliked Apple, but this is shocking even from them. You should look into that iMessages lawsuit because they are essentially holding you hostage, and that absolutely has to be illegal. You should be able to move away from Apple if you want to (and there's plenty of good reasons to do so).

    hope you get this worked out and don't have to stick with such an ugly company!
    houstonwino likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    What's the payoff for the lawsuit ? I don't even know if it's worth it at this point. It's extremely frustrating though. The gold m8 was tooooooo perfect.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Wow, Apple screws you over and your response is to go back? No way...
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    I did and it didn't do anything. Even the apple agent said it could take up to 45 days for me to be out of their servers and I did everything else suggested to remove my iCloud account, turn off iMessage, etc before I got rid of my last iPhone.
    The agent is full of crap. At most it may take 48 hrs. He doesn't know how or just didn't want to remove your number from the icrap service. No way I would go back ever.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Madd54 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberr8der View Post
    Wow, Apple screws you over and your response is to go back? No way...
    You guys aren't getting the point. I can't be mad and not go back and risk missing important messages and communication for work, etc. because the messages aren't going through. Believe me. I have a lot of pride and want to "show them" but it's irresponsible without a fix, even if it's their fault.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Tell the sender to change the color of the text box to blue or green, the opposite of what it is now by long pressing on your contact. Don't remember the exact procedure but you can Google it. I did this awhile back with my wife's phone & it learned to send direct, avoiding iPhone network

    Sent from my HTC One M8
    Thanked by:
    dty06 
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Right. But sometimes people try to contact you that you don't talk to every day.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Man, that sucks to have to backwards in tech.. Well.. hopefully Apple gets a little sting if this lawsuit thing goes anywhere.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    That blows. I get texts from people and some people I don't get. They have iPhones and I used to have one. Anyway that blows.

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    I don't think it's fair to the companies like htc , lg , even samsung.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Lol, I have an iPhone among my android phones, and I always keep imessage off when I put my SIM in it. I see no benefit having it on as I have unlimited messaging anyway and I have no desire to sms from my iPad. My suggestion, put your sim back to your iPhone and just stay in the green bubble. Latter when you decide to come back to android, you will have no problem.
  19. #19  
    ironbesterer's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.3

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    That's Apple. They hold you prisoner.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    I had this issue its a simple fix, the people that text under iMessage have turn off iMessage setting on their phone. They only have to text you once it switches to sms. Thereafter you can text them back and stays sms, they can later turn on iMessage and it won't effect your settings.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    It's behavior like this that I left Apple for Android. Here is the simple fix. Have your iPhone friends delete your phone number from their contacts (it is now categorized as an "iPhone")) and have them re-enter it as a "mobile" number.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    You guys aren't getting the point. I can't be mad and not go back and risk missing important messages and communication for work, etc. because the messages aren't going through. Believe me. I have a lot of pride and want to "show them" but it's irresponsible without a fix, even if it's their fault.
    I have never used Apple or an iMessage in my life. I get work done and communicate with friends. Why do you need iMesage? Just tell everyone to test you normally.

    You've got an iProblem and the iSolution is to get the iHeck out of there.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Always use Whatsapp to chat to friends and family.
    Currently got an iphone.

    Get my M8 end of this month.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    I don't think it's fair to the companies like htc , lg , even samsung.
    Apple has never been about 'fair'
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

    Quote Originally Posted by MADDROID1 View Post
    It's behavior like this that I left Apple for Android. Here is the simple fix. Have your iPhone friends delete your phone number from their contacts (it is now categorized as an "iPhone")) and have them re-enter it as a "mobile" number.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I think his big problem is that it's not just friends, it's clients that he is not friends with that would not be able to get in touch with him via text. I don't think it would be feasible, or professional, to ask clients to alter their phones to accommodate you in most cases.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
    Madd54 and Dizfunctions like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Updating Your [Unlocked] Nexus 5 to 4.4.3
    By gidgiddonihah in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 11:53 AM
  2. Hey, I'm a young developer looking to develop apps for Android
    By jordanzhninja in forum Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 09:50 PM
  3. Power button to ends call do not working
    By Malinda Savanadasa in forum LG G Flex
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2014, 09:04 PM
  4. App to make multitasking easier?
    By terminatorx in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 11:36 PM
  5. How to enable wifi.. on 10in IRULU tablet.
    By averagecitizen in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 03:50 PM

Posting Permissions