HTC One M8 vibrates each time I receive a new email in gmail, how do I turn it off?

BKing2129

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to turn off the gmail new email vibration. I tried the following, which didn't seem to work.
Open Gmail app
Click the menu button
Click Settings.
Click on an account
Unchecked vibrate

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What about Settings>Sound>Vibrate when ringing​? I realize that's for ringtones, but maybe it also controls vibration with notifications as well.

Snapperjacker

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
You might have gmail set up in the HTC email app too. If you do open you gmail account, select the 3 dot menu, go to settings, notifications, uncheck vibrate when new mail received.

Neilhoh

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem too, but not just with Gmail, but every email account, sms notifications, facebook notifications, every notification probably. I get the audio notification alert and a few seconds late the vibration starts and repeats every fewe seconds until I open the text based notification. Does the M8 fly? because very tempting to throw it out the window.

Ps, all sounds settings that include vibrant that I an find are off including sounds and notifications in settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15