Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One M8 vibrates each time I receive a new email in gmail, how do I turn it off?

I can't seem to turn off the gmail new email vibration. I tried the following, which didn't seem to work.
    Open Gmail app
    Click the menu button
    Click Settings.
    Click on an account
    Unchecked vibrate

Default Re: HTC One M8 vibrates each time I receive a new email in gmail, how do I turn it off?

Welcome to Android Central! What about Settings>Sound>Vibrate when ringing​? I realize that's for ringtones, but maybe it also controls vibration with notifications as well.

Default Re: HTC One M8 vibrates each time I receive a new email in gmail, how do I turn it off?

You might have gmail set up in the HTC email app too. If you do open you gmail account, select the 3 dot menu, go to settings, notifications, uncheck vibrate when new mail received.

I have this problem too, but not just with Gmail, but every email account, sms notifications, facebook notifications, every notification probably. I get the audio notification alert and a few seconds late the vibration starts and repeats every fewe seconds until I open the text based notification. Does the M8 fly? because very tempting to throw it out the window.

Ps, all sounds settings that include vibrant that I an find are off including sounds and notifications in settings.

Have just found the answer: Go to Settings, Accessibility, and turn OFF notification reminder.

How do I stop vibrate for notifications even on silent mode?