How do you clear searches made in BlinkFeed?

Ken Block1

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Just got a new HTC One (M8) and I'm really loving it! I've been adding stuff to my BlinkFeed and some of the stuff I wanted to add was not available within the provided selections. So, I used the search box to search for content. I'd just like to clarify that this content wasn't inappropriate or anything like that, it's merely an OCD thing. Anyway, I'm just curious how you clear the contents of the search box within BlinkFeed? Like, when I start typing a letter I get suggestions for previous searches I made from the BlinkFeed content search box. Any way to clear those searches completely?

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got a new HTC One (M8) and I'm really loving it! I've been adding stuff to my BlinkFeed and some of the stuff I wanted to add was not available within the provided selections. So, I used the search box to search for content. I'd just like to clarify that this content wasn't inappropriate or anything like that, it's merely an OCD thing. Anyway, I'm just curious how you clear the contents of the search box within BlinkFeed? Like, when I start typing a letter I get suggestions for previous searches I made from the BlinkFeed content search box. Any way to clear those searches completely?

My phone is in the shop right now, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but try going into settings > applications > BlinkFeed > from there, try to clear the data.

Ken Block1

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
My phone is in the shop right now, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but try going into settings > applications > BlinkFeed > from there, try to clear the data.

I have the option of clearing the data and the cache. Which of those should I choose, or should I choose both? I'd like to keep my BlinkFeed settings and selected news sources.

Edit: I first tried simply clearing the cache, but that didn't work. Clearing the data did do the trick, however it had some severe consequences. It completely reset my home screen panels. It basically forced my pages back to default. I had to place all of my widgets and apps again. Thankfully, I don't put very much on my pages and I only use two pages. So, it wasn't much of a hassle setting everything up again, but it is sort of a large drawback. Anyway, appreciate the help! Glad it's sorted!

Last edited:

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the option of clearing the data and the cache. Which of those should I choose, or should I choose both? I'd like to keep my BlinkFeed settings and selected news sources.

Edit: I first tried simply clearing the cache, but that didn't work. Clearing the data did do the trick, however it had some severe consequences. It completely reset my home screen panels. It basically forced my pages back to default. I had to place all of my widgets and apps again. Thankfully, I don't put very much on my pages and I only use two pages. So, it wasn't much of a hassle setting everything up again, but it is sort of a large drawback. Anyway, appreciate the help! Glad it's sorted!

I am guessing that in order to clear the searvh history, you would have to do this again, and loose all of the data and set it up?

Seems like a pain. I am OCD as well but this doesn't bother me as much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair