- 134 Posts
Scratch on screen
so long story short, some might remember my story about dropping my new m8 out of the bag, as I walked out of the store, creating several small dimples on the back. the screen had a small area on the bottom left, where it looked to be unglued from screen glass.
I sent it in, HTC sent me a new replacement, which has a tiny 1/8 " scratch in the center of the screen. you can feel it with your fingernail, but can only see when screen is off.
should I suck it up and keep it, or send it back for another replacement?
would a tempered glass screen protector make it not visible? I have one on order....
- 06-04-2014, 12:07 PM #2
- 06-04-2014, 12:14 PM #3
- 06-04-2014, 01:42 PM #4
Re: Scratch on screen
Send it back. I would deal with some cosmetic issues or even a scratch or 2 if it was not on the most used part of the phone. I couldn't look at that everyday and not be aggravated. Other option.. HTC Advantage unless that is what you used to have it replaced.
- 06-04-2014, 02:16 PM #5
- 06-05-2014, 08:08 PM #7
- 06-06-2014, 10:41 AM #8
- 06-06-2014, 12:04 PM #9
- 06-06-2014, 12:59 PM #10
- 06-06-2014, 01:15 PM #11
- 06-06-2014, 01:19 PM #12
- 06-06-2014, 08:52 PM #13
- 55 Posts
Mine was advanced exchange, overnighted, they waved the $29 fee, since my first replacement was scratched. 2nd one wrapped just like a new one, that's why I think my first one was a refurbished one. This one got a tempered glass screen protector and case on it before I set it up.
Posted via Android Central App
- By TechGod2014 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 06-04-2014, 10:21 PM
- By Stretch886 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 06-04-2014, 12:28 PM
- By Stretch886 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 06-04-2014, 12:01 PM
- By Patr1x in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-04-2014, 11:44 AM
- By smalba in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 06-04-2014, 11:34 AM