Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dogmann
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No calculator app

Basically I can't find the app, isn't it supposed to be on the phone?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Default Re: No calculator app

Its definitely on the phone. By default it is placed in the "Tools" app folder. Check there, it'll be there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by raymaane View Post
    Its definitely on the phone. By default it is placed in the "Tools" app folder. Check there, it'll be there.
    I had my apps set to alphabetically but I changed them to custom and still nothing No calculator app-uploadfromtaptalk1401946211646.jpg

Weird. Ok, try opening the app drawer and using the search icon to search for the app..

You didn't happen to disable it at some point, did you? Go to Settings>Apps>Disabled​, and see if it's listed there.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by raymaane View Post
    Weird. Ok, try opening the app drawer and using the search icon to search for the app..
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    You didn't happen to disable it at some point, did you? Go to Settings>Apps>Disabled​, and see if it's listed there.
    I already searched the app drawer actually and I searched all of my apps No calculator app-uploadfromtaptalk1401947205384.jpg

Forgive me, I don't have an M8. What about that Calculator Widget? Remember that widgets aren't displayed with all of the other apps in the App Drawer. They'll be listed separately with all of the other widgets.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Forgive me, I don't have an M8. What about that Calculator Widget? Remember that widgets aren't displayed with all of the other apps in the App Drawer. They'll be listed separately with all of the other widgets.
    I am able to add a widget of the calculator to a home screen but even if I click on the widget it won't take me to the app itself. I don't really want the widget on my screen and besides the app should be there regardless.

Ok, here's another potentially stupid question for you--in that Settings>Apps>All screen, what happens when you scroll all the way down (without putting a search term in)? Do you see any disabled apps at the very bottom? I wonder if disabled apps don't show up if you use a search term like "cal" as you did.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ok, here's another potentially stupid question for you--in that Settings>Apps>All screen, what happens when you scroll all the way down (without putting a search term in)? Do you see any disabled apps at the very bottom? I wonder if disabled apps don't show up if you use a search term like "cal" as you did.
    Nope nothing its not there

Hmm. Try clearing the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: HTC One (M8) | T-Mobile Support

Thats so odd. Sorry I couldn't more of a help!

I have the same issue, after rooting the phone.
    I just installed any calculator app.

Posted via Android Central App

App lost? Why worry so much just download a 3rd party calendar app. If not google for your phone app download it then download the root browser and copy paste the .apk file into system/app
    . folder. Restart done.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Go into "Apps" and tap the 3 little dots at the top right of the screen and tap "hide/unhide apps". Scroll to "Calculator" and it should have a green box checked. Uncheck the box and save and your calculator app will now be visible in Apps.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by bgj1010 View Post
    Go into "Apps" and tap the 3 little dots at the top right of the screen and tap "hide/unhide apps". Scroll to "Calculator" and it should have a green box checked. Uncheck the box and save and your calculator app will now be visible in Apps.
    Tried that already, not there either.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

It's kind of stupid how my phone doesn't have an app that should come with it installed. I just find that very strange.

Download office calculator. Great app, much better and free

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Hi abbzys24,

I am guessing yours is the Sprint version from some of your other posts is that right? Also have you unlocked your Bootloader as doing so means you lose some of the pre installed HTC apps.

XDA forums really is where you need to look for things like this as in 2 minutes i found two relevant threads for you the first here.

[FIX] HTC One (M8) preload APKs 1.54.401.5 - xda-developers

This offers the 3 apps that may go missing when unlocking the Bootloader and being 7Digital, Flashlight and Calculator APK's you should be able to just download the apk's and install like you would any app.

Then there is this post in the HTC One M8 Sprint forum here

HTC Flashlight and Calculator apps(Flashable in Recovery) - xda-developers

Which offers just the Calculator and Flashlight and although says flash in recovery again you should be able to install just as any other apk is.

Hope this helps you get the app you wanted.

Marc
    B. Diddy and Lolken21 like this.