No calculator app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You didn't happen to disable it at some point, did you? Go to Settings>Apps>Disabled​, and see if it's listed there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me, I don't have an M8. What about that Calculator Widget? Remember that widgets aren't displayed with all of the other apps in the App Drawer. They'll be listed separately with all of the other widgets.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me, I don't have an M8. What about that Calculator Widget? Remember that widgets aren't displayed with all of the other apps in the App Drawer. They'll be listed separately with all of the other widgets.

I am able to add a widget of the calculator to a home screen but even if I click on the widget it won't take me to the app itself. I don't really want the widget on my screen and besides the app should be there regardless.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, here's another potentially stupid question for you--in that Settings>Apps>All screen, what happens when you scroll all the way down (without putting a search term in)? Do you see any disabled apps at the very bottom? I wonder if disabled apps don't show up if you use a search term like "cal" as you did.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here's another potentially stupid question for you--in that Settings>Apps>All screen, what happens when you scroll all the way down (without putting a search term in)? Do you see any disabled apps at the very bottom? I wonder if disabled apps don't show up if you use a search term like "cal" as you did.

Nope nothing its not there

Nihal Rathod

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
App lost? Why worry so much just download a 3rd party calendar app. If not google for your phone app download it then download the root browser and copy paste the .apk file into system/app
. folder. Restart done.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

bgj1010

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Go into "Apps" and tap the 3 little dots at the top right of the screen and tap "hide/unhide apps". Scroll to "Calculator" and it should have a green box checked. Uncheck the box and save and your calculator app will now be visible in Apps.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Go into "Apps" and tap the 3 little dots at the top right of the screen and tap "hide/unhide apps". Scroll to "Calculator" and it should have a green box checked. Uncheck the box and save and your calculator app will now be visible in Apps.

Tried that already, not there either.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
It's kind of stupid how my phone doesn't have an app that should come with it installed. I just find that very strange.

Dogmann

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi abbzys24,

I am guessing yours is the Sprint version from some of your other posts is that right? Also have you unlocked your Bootloader as doing so means you lose some of the pre installed HTC apps.

XDA forums really is where you need to look for things like this as in 2 minutes i found two relevant threads for you the first here.

[FIX] HTC One (M8) preload APKs 1.54.401.5 - xda-developers

This offers the 3 apps that may go missing when unlocking the Bootloader and being 7Digital, Flashlight and Calculator APK's you should be able to just download the apk's and install like you would any app.

Then there is this post in the HTC One M8 Sprint forum here

HTC Flashlight and Calculator apps(Flashable in Recovery) - xda-developers

Which offers just the Calculator and Flashlight and although says flash in recovery again you should be able to install just as any other apk is.

Hope this helps you get the app you wanted.

Marc