Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ntbook
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Htc sync manager is driving me nuts..!!

I have bought the new HTC one m8 and connected it to the computer with a usb cable to download some photos to the computer. It installed the HTC Sync manager and saw the phone. So it appears to be working.. BUT.. when it comes to transfering photos it doesn't work..! It says drag and drop to move photos from phone to computer and v.s. but when I drag and attempt to drop it doesn't drop.!! At the bottom left hand corner it says phone connected and underneath " Sync" I click on sync and nothing happening..!! How the hell does this HTC SYNC MANAGER work.??

Also when I attempt to create a new albüm it asks me to wait until sync has finished importing.. I waited for an hour and still same message, I unplugged the phone from computer and still same message.. This htc sync manager is absolutely useless and a complete time waster..!!

Default Re: Htc sync manager is driving me nuts..!!

Quote Originally Posted by htchtcsync View Post
    I have bought the new HTC one m8 and connected it to the computer with a usb cable to download some photos to the computer. It installed the HTC Sync manager and saw the phone. So it appears to be working.. BUT.. when it comes to transfering photos it doesn't work..! It says drag and drop to move photos from phone to computer and v.s. but when I drag and attempt to drop it doesn't drop.!! At the bottom left hand corner it says phone connected and underneath " Sync" I click on sync and nothing happening..!! How the hell does this HTC SYNC MANAGER work.??

Also when I attempt to create a new album it asks me to wait until sync has finished importing.. I waited for an hour and still same message, I unplugged the phone from computer and still same message.. This htc sync manager is absolutely useless and a complete time waster..!!
    You don't need to use HTC Sync manager to do anything. Just plug it in USB and go to my computer and open it as a hard drive. It should show internal storage as well external (SD card) storage. Click on which ever one you store your photos to and find the DCIM folder. Click on 100Media folder and your pictures should be there. Just drag and drop to your desktop or folder to copy. You can also add photos to your phone as well as any other files including music. This my third HTC Flagship Smartphone and I've never had to use HTC Sync Manager.....
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

I've never used it either. I just drag and drop. If I repeat something, my PC lets me know. Never been a problem with my One X or M8.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the reply Mike. I have discovered that and used it the way you suggested although I have not yet tried it in reverse ( I.e from computer to phone).. Its hard to understand why on earth these companies create something that doesn't bloody work.! I have also since discovered Airdroid to be very convenient way to transfer between phone and computer as theres no need for a cable..
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I guess I can uninstall htc sync manager from my computer now as its nothing but a waste of space..! Thanks for the reply, I'm pleased to have found out that its not me being naive with technology but moreso htc sync manager being a silly technology..

I was trying to do the same on my Mac, but couldn't make it work without HTC sync. my m8 never appears in finder. Is there a config tip to get it work?

Posted via Android Central App
    brick58 likes this.

I having the same problem are you running Maverick?
    Flac Audio Files

I'm running maverick and it doesn't show up in finder either