- 3 Posts
TMobile HTC m8 questions
I bought an HTC m8 a week ago from a store in ny.
The phone is TMobile branded and the store unlocked it for me with a code, so I could use it at my country with
the local carriers (im not an US resident).
Im having an issue with SMS messages being sent after 20-30 seconds, and MMS messages not being sent/received at all (I trired configuring
everything as the carrier instrcuted).
I wanted to Factory reset the phone, but after reading online I found out that factory reseting the phone will also mean the unlock code will disappear making my phone locked once again.
So, I have a couple of questions:
1. Is there a way to fix the SMS/MMS problems mentioned above without reseting the phone?
2. Will factory reseting my phone lock it again?
3. Will I be able to use the already used unlock code once again? If so, is there a way to extract the unlock code used at the store from the phone?
- 06-06-2014, 09:08 AM #2
- 3 Posts
Re: TMobile HTC m8 questions
I didnt mention that I bought 2 phones from that store, one of which was factory unlocked, without any carrier branding.
The factory unlocked one works fine with MMS and Data, so i copied the same exact settings in the APN settings, but it didnt work... which makes me wonder
about the firmware/reset ...
Edit: Anyway, just to be on the safe side, Is there a way to get the code used to unlock the phone, so incase
it does reset I could unlock it once again ?
- By manni1to in forum AT&TReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2014, 10:57 PM
- By fablis in forum Samsung Galaxy AceReplies: 19Last Post: 06-06-2014, 10:53 AM
- By dkjames71 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 06-06-2014, 09:08 AM
- By Anthony French in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2014, 11:09 PM
- By Jonathan Dagnillo in forum VerizonReplies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2014, 07:36 PM