Issues with bluetooth pairing with Mazda

GoCards#WN

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a 2011 Mazda 3 and when I attempt to pair my One M8 to the car, it starts to pair and I enter the code, then the car seems to jump out of Bluetooth setup. My phone says that it last paired at XX time which is the time when the car jumped out. I then cannot pair the phone with the car at all. Has anyone else seen this? If so, was there something that you did to fix it?

Much appreciated.

TJ

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
More information would be helpful. Are you stock, rooted, what carrier, etc.? Never had that happen on my rooted Verizon M8 with my 2011 Hyundai Elantra. I would go to Settings >Power and uncheck Fast Boot. Then reboot and try again.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

GoCards#WN

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. I have a stock Verizon M8. My Mazda 3 is a 5-door Grand Touring without the Navigation system. No mods to my vehicle. I was able to pair my stock Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 without issue, but this does not work. I will try to Fast Boot recommendation and let everyone know if that helped.

TJ

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if it will work, but it should, allow all apps to close in case there is some weird confliction.

GoCards#WN

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, no luck. Same results. I'll have to contact HTC or Verizon or something to see if there are any kind of error logs that might help determine what is going on to determine a solution... Other than this, love the phone. Not being able to pair with the car though is a real frustration.

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Mazda 3. It said it was paired and when it was last paired, but the car kept displaying "pairing" until it jumped out of the setup every time. I kept deleting the pair on my phone, turning the car on/off, and it ended up working. Make sure that there is no other phone/device with bluetooth on nearby while you pair it. Not sure why it took so many tries; definitely annoying.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Mazda 3. It said it was paired and when it was last paired, but the car kept displaying "pairing" until it jumped out of the setup every time. I kept deleting the pair on my phone, turning the car on/off, and it ended up working. Make sure that there is no other phone/device with bluetooth on nearby while you pair it. Not sure why it took so many tries; definitely annoying.

That's a good point. Make sure no other devices are paired with it, or in proximity to pair with it before your M8.

one m8

May 11, 2014
Visit site

Did what he said and got it working.

But Id love to know why it wasn't connecting first time.

GoCards#WN

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. I'll give that a try and let everyone know if that ends up working for me.

ANC James

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue as the Author of this thread. My Mazda CX-7 and my M8 wouldn't pair. Same results as described and none of the fixes suggested helped me... However, my issue was resolved after I happened to check for a update to my phone's OS. It told me that a particularly large upgrade was ready and only available via WiFi (WiFi isn't available near me). I was able to find a WiFi source eventually and once upgraded the pairing issue vanished.

So my suggestion to those who have a carrier supplied device (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc) check to be sure your OS is completely updated. It may eliminate any need for fixes done where novices shouldn't go.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Have you called your dealership to see if there is a software update for the car?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
You may want to look at how many devices your stereo says it is paired to. When we bought my wife's Kia it had the same kind of problem because multiple people looking at the car had paired their phones to it for testing and the stereo only has the ability for five devices to be paired at any given time. We deleted those pairings and the problem went away. It may not be obvious where on the stereo to find this info. It was buried in the Kia four menus deep. Can't give specific info on the Mazda unfortunately. My MX-5 didn't come with Bluetooth. Had to put in and add on kit which is limited to four pairings total with two simultaneous connections but assume it would give a similar error in the same circumstance.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

GoCards#WN

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Still no luck so far. Mazda is saying that it may be a faulty Bluetooth module but that seems unlikely since I can pair my old phone, my wife's phone, and my kid's iPod touch... Hopefully I can get this working soon. Frustrating that I can't pair them.

ScottJones4

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I too was having same issue.

After messing around for several hours I managed to get it working perfectly.

1) Delete all existing pairings
2) Turn off NFC on HTC One M8
3) Turn off Bluetooth on HTC One M8
4) Turn car off and reboot phone
5) Turn car on
6) ensure NFC is still off
7) enable bluetooth on HTC one M8
8) Initiate pairing proceedure on Mazda using steering wheel voice setup command etc
9) use 0000 as pin code
10) Hey presto should work.

boisvert813

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello, did you ever find a solution for this? I just got an HTC One (M8) and I'm having the exact same issue. My HTC One paired fine, , the new one not so much.

Thanks!

debmacmom

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I got a new android phone, HTC M8, and my 2012 Mazda CX9 will not pair with it. The phone thinks it is paired but the automobile's bluetooth shuts off every time the phone pairs. I have tried multiple time with the same result. There are no other devices currently paired with the car. My old HTC android paired just fine. Did you ever get your problem resolved?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
With Mazda, you can call their Bluetooth support at 800-430-0153. Sometimes they can troubleshoot over the phone

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I used to have Bluetooth connection problems on my SEAT Leon until I removed the Bluetooth unit and reinstalled it (kind of like a hard reset). I am not sure how you'd go about doing that in the Mazda, but in the Leon the unit is covered by a foam wrapping under the passenger seat - I just unplugged the wires for a while and then plugged them back in and the problems were solved.