Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Netflix on HTC

Why does my Netflix Lag? i know it isn't my connection because on my ipod there's no lag at all, video is smooth.. but on my M8 there's a lag here and there.. and i know it's not bad of a lag... but seriously... for a really new device i would expect it to be able to play with no sluggish/choppy videos. any help? does anyone have the same issues?

Default Re: Netflix on HTC

Quote Originally Posted by KiDDtOnY View Post
    Why does my Netflix Lag? i know it isn't my connection because on my ipod there's no lag at all, video is smooth.. but on my M8 there's a lag here and there.. and i know it's not bad of a lag... but seriously... for a really new device i would expect it to be able to play with no sluggish/choppy videos. any help? does anyone have the same issues?
    Have you tried clearing the apps cache? I have no lag at all on mine. And it loads very quickly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, i've tried that. maybe it's my device then... that really sucks tho. sigh and i just got this M8 like 2 days ago... already exchanged it once i can't exchange it again..
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    Have you tried clearing the apps cache? I have no lag at all on mine. And it loads very quickly.

it does load very fast tho, i just don't get why it's laggy.. i feel like crying.. ;(

it does load very fast tho, i just don't get why it's laggy.. i feel like crying.. ;(
    Have you tried reinstalling the app?

It could just be a minor software bug that Netflix needs to fix. It happens with new phones.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    Have you tried reinstalling the app?

It could just be a minor software bug that Netflix needs to fix. It happens with new phones.

i've tried re installing like 2 times, i just gave up. and for the M8 not being able to play Amazon prime videos.. that's another downfall..

You may think its not a connection problem but I would check it. Reset your router and try it again.

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by James E1 View Post
    You may think its not a connection problem but I would check it. Reset your router and try it again.

wouldn't that connection problem make my Ipod's netflix lag also? but my ipod's netflix never lags.. >_> but i'll try it. thanks tho.

wouldn't that connection problem make my Ipod's netflix lag also? but my ipod's netflix never lags.. >_> but i'll try it. thanks tho.
    Not always and a reset is simple to do. Good luck.

What resolution is your ipod playing at? Are you watching HD on your M8? Wireless sucks for watching HD reliably without glitching, unless you have strong signal and good equipment... 1080P and wireless is iffy without a wire for me. Could that explain it? Try lower quality (If you can, I cast netflix from my phone only so not checked), and I suspect the problem would go away.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post
    What resolution is your ipod playing at? Are you watching HD on your M8? Wireless sucks for watching HD reliably without glitching, unless you have strong signal and good equipment... 1080P and wireless is iffy without a wire for me. Could that explain it? Try lower quality (If you can, I cast netflix from my phone only so not checked), and I suspect the problem would go away.
    why would you want to lower the resolution tho? isn't the whole point of the M8 is that it can handle 1080p?

The problem isn't really that the phone can't handle it, but rather that your Internet connection or your router may not be good enough to handle the extra bandwidth the HD stream requires.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by TriBeard92 View Post
    The problem isn't really that the phone can't handle it, but rather that your Internet connection or your router may not be good enough to handle the extra bandwidth the HD stream requires.

hmm...i guess that sucks..

If you can bear the cost try running it on LTE for a few minutes and see if that clears it up. That will at least let you know if your having a problem with your home internet. I don't use Netflix myself but I do use Jetflix and the Comcast app on high def and find that often 4g works better than Wi-Fi surprisingly enough.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Quote Originally Posted by techitrucker View Post
    I don't use Netflix myself but I do use Jetflix and the Comcast app on high def and find that often 4g works better than Wi-Fi surprisingly enough.
    Not really all that surprising. Wi-Fi doesn't automatically mean blazing speeds. You could have a dial up modem connected to a Wi-Fi router, but that's all you'll get for speed. So the streaming ability is determined by both the router capabilities and the bandwidth coming into it, which is often much less than 4G speeds unless you're getting a top tier plan.