Are there any disadvantages to the international model M8?

Hashu Rahim

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
A buddy of mine ordered his M8 from Amazon.

His phone arrived and he realized it is the international model M8 (from Hong Kong).
The phone came with a nice HTC case that my NA model did not come with, but other than that it is pretty much the same..
He spoke to HTC live support and they told him there are no differences other than delays for updates.

Are there any differences between the international and NA model that you guys are aware of?

thanks!

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
If it's from Hong Kong, it is probably the 2.5ghz clock speed version

Otherwise the international version should be just like the unlocked version sold in NA, but I think the bands are different

My M8 posted this

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Is it 32GB? In some parts of Asia, only the 16GB version is available. Are updates to international versions really slower than in the U.S. where they have to go through carrier approval?

Hashu Rahim

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
If it's from Hong Kong, it is probably the 2.5ghz clock speed version

Otherwise the international version should be just like the unlocked version sold in NA, but I think the bands are different

My M8 posted this

That's better than the North American model right? The north American model is 2.3ghz from what I know

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Besides the potential lack of warranty, the International model might not support all the lte bands. It also might not support wifi calling and carrier aggregation.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

Hashu Rahim

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Besides the potential lack of warranty, the International model might not support all the lte bands. It also might not support wifi calling and carrier aggregation.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

Not too sure about WiFi calling but it is covered under warranty

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance