Getting the one m8 back to standard android?

g12528

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys im from australia and new here. Im looking at getting the htc one m8 on a contract but in australia we only have the sense version. I have a nexus 7 tab and love the stock android. Is there any way of getting the m8 to turn into the google version without rooting it?

i would ideally like a one plus one but they are not available in australia.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Unfortunately you would have to root it and flash a custom recovery in order to change to a stock Android ROM. You can however, use Nova or Apex launcher to get the stock Android feel. At least in your home screen and app drawer.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
i do this now with my galaxy s4 but i find the launcher does slow it down.

is rooting the device that hard?

Really? It actually seems to speed it up in mt experience...

Not sure how hard it is on the M8. It was incredibly easy on my S4. There's always tutorials if you want to know how to do it :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

g12528

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Really? It actually seems to speed it up in mt experience...

Not sure how hard it is on the M8. It was incredibly easy on my S4. There's always tutorials if you want to know how to do it :)

cheers mate ill have a look into it

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys im from australia and new here. Im looking at getting the htc one m8 on a contract but in australia we only have the sense version. I have a nexus 7 tab and love the stock android. Is there any way of getting the m8 to turn into the google version without rooting it?

i would ideally like a one plus one but they are not available in australia.

I was looking at doing the same, since I'm also in Australia, but I find myself wishing my Nexus 7 had Sense 6 rather than the opposite (and I usually hate android skins)

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
i do this now with my galaxy s4 but i find the launcher does slow it down.

is rooting the device that hard?

I am using Nova right now and it is not slow at all. Nova is a great launcher. I've got a custom launcher and custom keyboard and have experienced exactly zero lag issues.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at doing the same, since I'm also in Australia, but I find myself wishing my Nexus 7 had Sense 6 rather than the opposite (and I usually hate android skins)

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

That's not possible 😞

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781