Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mfreeland
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is search ("go") button for Google, Google Play store

Just got my M8 Friday and I absolutely love it so far. However, both me and my husband have tried tirelessly to find how to search Google, or the Play Store, or other places in the phone with a search bar. We came from the Droid Razr (talk about an upgrade!) and that had a "GO" button to tell Google to search more than just the drop-down, suggested searches results. Is there anything on the M8 that is equivalent - to make Google actually search what you typed in, rather than having to choose from suggestions (which usually aren't what you want)? Help! Thanks!

Global Posts
    17,344 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Where is search ("go") button for Google, Google Play store

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Eaton View Post
    Just got my M8 Friday and I absolutely love it so far. However, both me and my husband have tried tirelessly to find how to search Google, or the Play Store, or other places in the phone with a search bar. We came from the Droid Razr (talk about an upgrade!) and that had a "GO" button to tell Google to search more than just the drop-down, suggested searches results. Is there anything on the M8 that is equivalent - to make Google actually search what you typed in, rather than having to choose from suggestions (which usually aren't what you want)? Help! Thanks!
    Welcome to the forums.
    Do you have a magnifying glass somewhere in the keyboard? That should execute the search after typing.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Eaton View Post
    The return arrow on the keyboard works for that function.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
    Thanked by:
    Jessica Eaton likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you! We tried that but apparently have to hit it twice to activate.