New to HTC

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Please share you your experience with me. I recently had a note 3 and my wife had the s4. We both decided to leave Samsung due to too many problems with the phone. We kept getting refurbished phones and they had problems too. So we decided to both get Htc. I just would like help from you guys/ladies. What are the best cases and apps to download. Also if anyone has problems with the HTC M8 what should I look out for.

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Please share you your experience with me. I recently had a note 3 and my wife had the s4. We both decided to leave Samsung due to too many problems with the phone. We kept getting refurbished phones and they had problems too. So we decided to both get Htc. I just would like help from you guys/ladies. What are the best cases and apps to download. Also if anyone has problems with the HTC M8 what should I look out for.

About the apps, you can download almost all the apps that you had in the Samsung phones.

Here's a link to the M8 forums.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Apps will all be the same from what you used from your old Samsung phone, unless they were native to the Samsung OS. Only problems that I have seen with most M8 users are scratches on the lenses of the camera. I personally have not had that issue, but there have many complaints. I also would recommend getting a thin case for protection, but also one that isn't too bulky so that you can still enjoy the sleek metal design of the phone.

Enjoy your device, and good luck!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Only problems that I have seen with most M8 users are scratches on the lenses of the camera. I personally have not had that issue, but there have many complaints.

To be fair, it's not the lens itself being scratched that I've seen reported. It's only a coating on the lens that is being scratched, and there's ways to remove the rest of it listed in a dedicated thread in the M8 section. No one has yet to find out what the film is, or even if it's supposed to be there. Some speculated it may be an oliophobic coating to prevent finger prints, but others think it may have been something left over during manufacturing that wasn't cleaned off properly. If you get scratches and clean the film off, you may want to pick up some lens protectors.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, it's not the lens itself being scratched that I've seen reported. It's only a coating on the lens that is being scratched, and there's ways to remove the rest of it listed in a dedicated thread in the M8 section. No one has yet to find out what the film is, or even if it's supposed to be there. Some speculated it may be an oliophobic coating to prevent finger prints, but others think it may have been something left over during manufacturing that wasn't cleaned off properly. If you get scratches and clean the film off, you may want to pick up some lens protectors.

You're absolutely right. That is what I meant. But, that is still one of the biggest complaints that I've seen - luckily for the forum, though folks have found a DIY fix that seems to be working for the majority.

Thanks for correcting that for me!

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
For the phone:

I have had almost no issues with this phone. The only minor problem I have seen is that there was a time when my texts would take forever to send and when they did, people told me they were receiving multiple texts at a time. I restarted the phone and it hasn't happened since. Other than that, it's been a great device. I love the camera, it's been much better than expected for me. It takes pictures super fast, which I like.

For a case:
I use the Spigen Slim Armor (black). It keeps the beautiful design of the phone intact but protects it well. Others have also said good things about this case. Other good cases are the Spigen Ultra-Hybrid and some people like the Dot View case as well.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
For the phone:

I have had almost no issues with this phone. The only minor problem I have seen is that there was a time when my texts would take forever to send and when they did, people told me they were receiving multiple texts at a time. I restarted the phone and it hasn't happened since. Other than that, it's been a great device. I love the camera, it's been much better than expected for me. It takes pictures super fast, which I like.

For a case:
I use the Spigen Slim Armor (black). It keeps the beautiful design of the phone intact but protects it well. Others have also said good things about this case. Other good cases are the Spigen Ultra-Hybrid and some people like the Dot View case as well.

Pretty sure the slow to send and multiple texts are on the network side and had nothing to do with the phone. The re-start fix was probably a coincidence. I have seen this happen on multiple brand phones and from time to time on different carriers.
I also have the same Spigen Slim Armor case in black and highly recommend.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot everyone you all have been a huge help. I just got my metallic grey m8 and I'm loving it.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Pretty sure the slow to send and multiple texts are on the network side and had nothing to do with the phone. The re-start fix was probably a coincidence. I have seen this happen on multiple brand phones and from time to time on different carriers.
I also have the same Spigen Slim Armor case in black and highly recommend.

the issue disappeared as soon as I restarted the phone. It took less than 15 seconds to restart and the issue was present for a full day before that. That is either highly coincidental or (as I believe) the issue was resolved with a simple restart.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Now that is funny, and what is funnier? I clicked the link!. LoL

After all, he posted in that forum. ROTHFMAO :D

Sometimes some people go into a forum and post a thread without thinking straight because of their problem and need to be reminded of where the answers might be, even if it's the same place to begin with.

I guess it looks funny to some people, not to me since I've seen it happen many times.

I'm not sure that's what happened here but I figured I give him the link anyway.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969