Recommendations for Games

JibbaJabba10

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Having recently got my M8 I want to get some good games.
Only downloaded Fifa14 so far.
So just wondering if you have any recommendations for games? (Action, FPS, Racing, Fun, time wasters etc)
:)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Auralux is my favorite, simple time waster. It's not graphically intense, but the audio is pleasing and would probably go well with the M8 speakers. Don't have the phone yet, but the sound effects are bassy.

I'm also anxious to try Dead Trigger 1 or 2 on it and is probably the most graphically intense game I have, if you like zombie shooters.

Pinball Arcade is a visually compelling game that includes real life tables. The tables are officially licensed and have to be purchased other than the one or two included free ones, so it can get expensive to get all of them.

I've also heard Asphalt 8 looks pretty good on it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Dead Trigger 2 is awesome! Barely put the phone down! lol
Asphalt 8 is good!

So 1st reply was a winner! :D

Anymore ... ;)

The only thing that got me away from DT2 is lack of offline play. I understand why it's online only, but I'm on a capped data plan with limited Wi-Fi access. I may try some racing games at some point again, but I think I'd need a controller first. Tilt and on screen steering controls just feel odd to me.

Hmm.... a couple more.

Riptide GP is a cool jet ski racing game, and i think there's a second version out now. It's a paid game, but worth it if you like that sort of racing. If you play Second Life, there's Lumia, an Android based viewer that displays an in world view. It's a one time purchase, but considering it isn't just text based and doesn't require renting anything in the game like every other SL Android app, it's a good deal. It's also on SL's official 3rd party approved viewer list. That will probably tax your phone more than most any other game because it's very CPU and GPU intensive.

Last edited:

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Auralux is my favorite, simple time waster. It's not graphically intense, but the audio is pleasing and would probably go well with the M8 speakers. Don't have the phone yet, but the sound effects are gassy...

Thanks a lot for making me less productive in my life! I played one level for 1 1/2hrs

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for making me less productive in my life! I played one level for 1 1/2hrs

Yay, I'm helping. :D

I've bought several of the additional level packs and plan to get them all as I earn opinion rewards credits. So it take you that long to beat the level, or you just replayed it that much? Which level too?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea just one level, level 2- Triad... Sad I know:-\

Oh gosh no. Triad is one of the hardest levels of the starting pack (despite being labeled "normal" ). I'll occasionally play it if I'm in the mood for punishment. Aside from the tip it gives you, mine would be to make sure the two enemies make their first move towards each other, not toward you or the middle. It'll still be rough and take patience, but if they don't make their first move like that, you may as well reset the level.

I've found most levels have a specific strategy you use that makes it easy to beat once you figure it out. This is one of the exceptions, because the strategy is dependent on the enemy's first move. That's been my experience at least.

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Oh gosh no. Triad is one of the hardest levels of the starting pack (despite being labeled "normal" ). I'll occasionally play it if I'm in the mood for punishment. Aside from the tip it gives you, mine would be to make sure the two enemies make their first move towards each other, not toward you or the middle. It'll still be rough and take patience, but if they don't make their first move like that, you may as well reset the level.

Yes! lol... They basically send all there forces to a "planet" (whatever it is) and when you time it perfect they deplete or offset each other. I just beat The Drop in about 30 mins, which was light years easier then Triad.

skeezix1970

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I really like One Epic Knight... It's an endless running game, but with power ups and tons of achievements.
I've had it installed on my last 3 devices.

Posted via Android Central App

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get-ap...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3735433
If you download the Amazon app store on your phone, I would download teenage mutant ninja turtles:rooftop run. Hands down, IMO, the best runner game. Level up your turtles but alternate costumes and upgraded weapons. The game is feature filled and probably the coolest thing ever if you're a fan of the tmnt franchise. Straight from the play store, check out shadowgun : dead zone. Very fun and addicting online multiplayer 3rd person shooter. When I first downloaded that game I was up for five hours and didn't even think of picking up my ps3 controller the next day.

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.