Hangouts not working correctly?

HTC_Newbie14

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
is anyone else having issues with hangouts? I have read several threads that people had issues but got them corrected various ways. Mine has not been able to correct. I get the whole " cannot download message" type error that others reported and especially with a group message it just never comes through and mine never send once it glitches then all of a sudden it will send my outgoing messages like 3 times to people. Hangouts was fully updated and still had that issue, any other possible solutions to try? Even after cache clearing and reboot same issues. I finally uninstalled it today and I am using the normal messaging app which is ok i just prefer hangouts. Any other possible solutions??

2nd question on this issue is that when the phone was continually trying to send and receive messages during its glitched timeframe it DRANK my battery ( battery usage said hangouts was 61% of my total batter usage beating by far anything else even the screen brightness) ... is this bad for my brand new battery? Ive only given it 2 full charges since Ive had it for 3 days or so now but that worried me... an app being that hard on a brand new battery :( just doesnt seem to be pro-life for a batter in my opinion but i figured id ask more experienced people if that is hard on the battery itself or just a nuisance due to having to charge more often. Any thoughts on any of this?

Appreciate any info ... again new to HTC and I do love this device and would have for a stupid app to cause any battery diminishment right off the bat :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
is anyone else having issues with hangouts? I have read several threads that people had issues but got them corrected various ways. Mine has not been able to correct. I get the whole " cannot download message" type error that others reported and especially with a group message it just never comes through and mine never send once it glitches then all of a sudden it will send my outgoing messages like 3 times to people. Hangouts was fully updated and still had that issue, any other possible solutions to try? Even after cache clearing and reboot same issues. I finally uninstalled it today and I am using the normal messaging app which is ok i just prefer hangouts. Any other possible solutions??

2nd question on this issue is that when the phone was continually trying to send and receive messages during its glitched timeframe it DRANK my battery ( battery usage said hangouts was 61% of my total batter usage beating by far anything else even the screen brightness) ... is this bad for my brand new battery? Ive only given it 2 full charges since Ive had it for 3 days or so now but that worried me... an app being that hard on a brand new battery :( just doesnt seem to be pro-life for a batter in my opinion but i figured id ask more experienced people if that is hard on the battery itself or just a nuisance due to having to charge more often. Any thoughts on any of this?

Appreciate any info ... again new to HTC and I do love this device and would have for a stupid app to cause any battery diminishment right off the bat :(

Welcome to the forums.
It took nearly a week for my battery to get into the swing of things. I would give it more time before making any judgments on the battery. As for Hangouts, I have been noticing issues too, but I wasn't sure if it was because I am running a custom ROM.

HTC_Newbie14

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Ive read other google posts about hangouts messing up after the latest update on all kinds of devices so i dont think your rom would make a difference as all the other devices run different roms / OS and are still having issues. As for the battery since i removed hangouts it has increased TREMENDOUSLY had it off the charger now for well over an hour tossing out a few texts and even sending a snap chat and still says 100% ... my main concern was for whatever reason hangouts was drawing that hard on the battery that really hasnt had any break in time i hope it didnt push too hard on it and cause any issues later down the road since these devices do not have a replaceable battery. That was my big concern ( plus im extremely paranoid about my devices and other things... even keep it on a rag at night on the nightstand to keep it from scratching) :) and pretty much everywhere else i can as well i put it on padded surfaces.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think your battery has suffered because of all this. If anything that is what insurance is for.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888