Coming to the M8 from the Moto X and have come to rely on the great Moto Assist driving features. Hoping to find some similar functionality on the M8.

Have the ATT M8; enabled Car Mode by installing Nova Launcher and installing a short cut to the homescreen.

Car Mode will announce phone calls and allow me to decline or answer. It will also allow me to initiate a call (though it's voice recognition SUCKS).

It will not announce/read texts messages however; nor will it initiate a text message (I've tried "Send Text to" "Text <contact name>" "Send Message" "Message" ... none of them work.

I can say "OK Google; send text to <contact> " and that will work to send something, but that doesn't take care of the reading.

Anyone have any experience with this and a work around or another program to suggest to do this?

Thanks.
    06-10-2014 11:59 AM
    This works pretty good on my phones.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rdmsoft.hfsmsp

The developer us also very responsive. I actually used it on my Moto X because it worked better than the stock solution over Bluetooth.

Armadillo, the other white meat.
    06-11-2014 01:54 AM
    i just tried this today, and i have the car app stock still, but it didnt work. thought it was caused by using hangouts and didn't try further. hmmmm..
    06-11-2014 06:35 PM