So where's the update for Verizon?¿?

joe morgan4

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
So I'm just waiting, like many other Verizon HTC One M8 users and wondering when in the hell will I get the update pushed to my phone that includes the extreme power saving mode?

Posted via Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Call Verizon up and complain... it might not do any good, but at least you can vent for a while and get rid of some of the stress. I'm sure they track how many people complain about specific types of features or updates to their devices... of course I'm just guessing that Verizon might actually care about what their customer's think.

batsai

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Man, I like Verizon's signal quality and coverage, but they really suck at pushing updates out.

Amen. If I didn't need their network so badly, I'd go back to aio/Cricket in a second and go unlocked, but Verizon is the only carrier with LTE coverage everywhere I need it. Sucks. Why can't they just put their crappy bloatware on the Play store so they can push these OS updates out to us sooner???

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Amen. If I didn't need their network so badly, I'd go back to aio/Cricket in a second and go unlocked, but Verizon is the only carrier with LTE coverage everywhere I need it. Sucks. Why can't they just put their crappy bloatware on the Play store so they can push these OS updates out to us sooner???

This x1000!

Verizon is the only carrier with any kind of signal at my house. Where do I live that no other carriers deliver a signal to my house, you may ask? In the suburbs of Philadelphia, within walking distance (5 minutes tops) to city limits. And yet AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and all the other carriers have decided that my area is simply not worth covering, which would probably be why roughly 100% of the people that I know in my area are on Verizon and not on any other carrier.

People complain about how expensive Verizon is, but honestly, AT&T is just as expensive, and their network is awful for coverage in this area (and many others). VZW just needs to stop pushing their crapware so much and I wouldn't have any complaints.

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
If the M7 is any indication then Verizon may never get the extreme power saving mode. Remember the M7 had some similar (albeit less useful) battery features and Verizon disabled them and said something along the lines of "our variation of the M7 has this feature on all the time." so who knows, may not get it at all.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
People complain about how expensive Verizon is, but honestly, AT&T is just as expensive, and their network is awful for coverage in this area (and many others). VZW just needs to stop pushing their crapware so much and I wouldn't have any complaints.

This is an old complaint. They are exactly the same now.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is an old complaint. They are exactly the same now.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Oh, I know. They've always been big on adding their own crapware to phones, especially smart phones. My first "smart" phone was a Moto Q9C running Windows Mobile. They wanted to charge me to use VZNavigator, and the data used by the app would have cost even more since I didn't have (nor want) a data plan on a phone with no 3G connection.

But I have to say that crapware aside, VZW has above and beyond the best coverage of the major providers.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I recently read a post on the Verizon community forum where people had said that Verizon had told them they are not going to be releasing Extreme Power Saving Mode on the HTC One m8 phones because it apparently causes network connectivity issues on the Verizon Network.

Anyone on the Verizon network root their phone and enable the extreme power saving feature, and if so did you notice any of the so-called connection issues? I'd love to see people go on there and report that they enabled the feature on their phones and didn't have any network issues after.