Who's Selling their M8 for a G3?

Keeping M8 or Getting G3?

• Total voters

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So am I the only one waiting impatiently on the G3? As I posted in another thread, the M8 was a step back for me in every aspect of the word.

Smaller screen
Smaller camera
Larger case

The day the G3 launches I'll have my M8 up on Swappa and I'll be standing in front of my local VZW store waiting on them to open.

Now you may begin the bashing. Make them count!

Last edited:

Dogmann

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
@scottysize

No bashing from me its your money so your choice but for me i would never buy a Network branded phone and i most certainly won't be swapping my M8 for any other already released or coming soon device either. I'm far from being a HTC fan boy as this is actually my first HTC device but a little after 2 months on and my M8 does all i want and need better than i expected it to and that includes the Camera which is my least used and least important feature on any of my phones.

Marc

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm LG G3? I just bought the M8, not selling it any time soon. I got it for a good price. But as soon as Quicken makes a WP app, I am putting my M8 up for sale. And will be glad to go back to my Nokia 1520...

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Very happy with my M8. Once I decide to give up this phone, It will be for something far more exciting than an LG phone. lol

No disrespect , it's no doubt a great phone. But I would seriously miss my HTC.

Last edited:

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
If Android 5.0 drops during IO I'm definitely not buying a phone that won't be getting it for a while. I can convert the m8 to gpe.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If Android 5.0 drops during IO I'm definitely not buying a phone that won't be getting it for a while. I can convert the m8 to gpe.

Posted via Android Central App

Technically if you're willing to root to do that you could do it on another phone :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Just got my M8 and Im loving it. G3 does look like a really nice phone, but its pushing my threshold for screensize/phone size. Im also not a fan of their back button design or their software. I just like HTCs build quality and software too much. Regardless, I have nothing against the G3 or LG in general. Very good looking phone, just not for me though.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting rid of mine until the M9 comes out........

Ditto.

Also, I have a feeling that phone is gonna have lag regardless of the specs. And I have not seen a UI better than Sense yet. IMO as always..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Everything I love about the M8 makes me hate the G3. Looks like a nice device, but my M8 is really perfect for me, and the G3 can take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned :)

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I admit, I feel the same the rest of you about my M8 but I'm a little surprised there aren't more people looking to grab the G3.

I play with my food

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I admit, I feel the same the rest of you about my M8 but I'm a little surprised there aren't more people looking to grab the G3.

I play with my food

Aside from the hype, what does the G3 really offer? I look at the features of a phone that I will use, and judge the phone by how often I will use those features. I don't use the camera much (though I do like the camera on the M8), and I've never had lag issues, and my phone is perfectly capable of downloading things at high speeds both over wifi and 4G signals...what am I missing from this device that the G3 offers? A plastic, cheap-feeling body? A slightly-higher CPU (with less-efficient UI)? Better battery life that I don't need because my M8 makes it through the day with at least 40% left after 15 hours?

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Aside from the hype, what does the G3 really offer? I look at the features of a phone that I will use, and judge the phone by how often I will use those features. I don't use the camera much (though I do like the camera on the M8), and I've never had lag issues, and my phone is perfectly capable of downloading things at high speeds both over wifi and 4G signals...what am I missing from this device that the G3 offers? A plastic, cheap-feeling body? A slightly-higher CPU (with less-efficient UI)? Better battery life that I don't need because my M8 makes it through the day with at least 40% left after 15 hours?

Oh, I agree. Not to mention that the ability to convert the M8 into a GPE is a HUGE bonus for me as I love the stock android experience/speedy updates.
My surprised is based on the comments and general excitement around the G3 that I have witnessed in various forums.

I play with my food

Lizzi1017

May 17, 2012
Visit site
No way, I am far too happy with my M8. I really like Sense 6 and its simplicity along with the premium build quality. This phone is just top notch. I can't even begin to consider another phone right now. lol

aramos87

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as most of you, my M8 has barely left my hands since I bought it, which was the day after it was announced. I love everything about this phone. And LG's software is nowhere near as good as Sense 6. Well based off of what I've seen on the G2 and the videos for the G3. I probably won't be getting a new phone until the next HTC One line up comes out.

wastedtime

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I came from the G2 to the M8 and I'll never go back to another LG product again. They feel cheaper than Samsung, not the slightest bit dev friendly, poor support as far as updates are concerned and too much bloat.

The M8 felt awesome in my hand the first time I picked it up, I don't feel like I'm going to break it unlike the LG. Also the first phone I haven't felt the need to root.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Nope, my m8 will only be replaced by an M9. Unless a device comes out that does holographic communication, then I'm all over it. :p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary