Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Keeping M8 or Getting G3?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'm switching to the G3!!!

2 8.70%
  • Are you stupid? Of course I'm keeping the M8

21 91.30%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who's Selling their M8 for a G3?

So am I the only one waiting impatiently on the G3? As I posted in another thread, the M8 was a step back for me in every aspect of the word.

Smaller screen
    Smaller camera
    Larger case

The day the G3 launches I'll have my M8 up on Swappa and I'll be standing in front of my local VZW store waiting on them to open.

Now you may begin the bashing. Make them count!
    Last edited by scottysize; 06-12-2014 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    On Order: 128GB Gold iPhone 6 Plus
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Soon to be gone: White LG G3
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

Default Re: Who's Selling their M8 for a G3?

@scottysize

No bashing from me its your money so your choice but for me i would never buy a Network branded phone and i most certainly won't be swapping my M8 for any other already released or coming soon device either. I'm far from being a HTC fan boy as this is actually my first HTC device but a little after 2 months on and my M8 does all i want and need better than i expected it to and that includes the Camera which is my least used and least important feature on any of my phones.

Marc
    HTC One M8 16GB Gun Metal Grey WWE
    Motorola Xoom
    The only problem with common sense is that it's just not that common.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts

Hmm LG G3? I just bought the M8, not selling it any time soon. I got it for a good price. But as soon as Quicken makes a WP app, I am putting my M8 up for sale. And will be glad to go back to my Nokia 1520...
    Oditius (Samsung Galaxy S5 Active w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.

But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!

Nope. Very happy with my M8. Once I decide to give up this phone, It will be for something far more exciting than an LG phone. lol

No disrespect , it's no doubt a great phone. But I would seriously miss my HTC.
    Last edited by ThrottleJohnny; 06-13-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    scottysize likes this.

Love the M8! Wont swap for anything until the 805 cpu drops.
    scottysize likes this.

If Android 5.0 drops during IO I'm definitely not buying a phone that won't be getting it for a while. I can convert the m8 to gpe.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    scottysize and ErnstMach like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nestafaria View Post
    If Android 5.0 drops during IO I'm definitely not buying a phone that won't be getting it for a while. I can convert the m8 to gpe.

Technically if you're willing to root to do that you could do it on another phone .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    scottysize likes this.

Just got my M8 and Im loving it. G3 does look like a really nice phone, but its pushing my threshold for screensize/phone size. Im also not a fan of their back button design or their software. I just like HTCs build quality and software too much. Regardless, I have nothing against the G3 or LG in general. Very good looking phone, just not for me though.
    HTC One of the Red variety
    Nexus 7 2013
    Droid DNA
    Droid Incredible (MP3 Player)
    scottysize likes this.

I'm not getting rid of mine until the M9 comes out........
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

Yes but not with boomsound and duo camera baked in.

scottysize likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    I'm not getting rid of mine until the M9 comes out........
    Ditto.

Also, I have a feeling that phone is gonna have lag regardless of the specs. And I have not seen a UI better than Sense yet. IMO as always..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
    scottysize and oditius like this.

Everything I love about the M8 makes me hate the G3. Looks like a nice device, but my M8 is really perfect for me, and the G3 can take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned
    scottysize likes this.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts

I admit, I feel the same the rest of you about my M8 but I'm a little surprised there aren't more people looking to grab the G3.

I play with my food
    scottysize and oditius like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophos View Post
    I admit, I feel the same the rest of you about my M8 but I'm a little surprised there aren't more people looking to grab the G3.

I play with my food
    Aside from the hype, what does the G3 really offer? I look at the features of a phone that I will use, and judge the phone by how often I will use those features. I don't use the camera much (though I do like the camera on the M8), and I've never had lag issues, and my phone is perfectly capable of downloading things at high speeds both over wifi and 4G signals...what am I missing from this device that the G3 offers? A plastic, cheap-feeling body? A slightly-higher CPU (with less-efficient UI)? Better battery life that I don't need because my M8 makes it through the day with at least 40% left after 15 hours?
    scottysize likes this.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dty06 View Post
    Aside from the hype, what does the G3 really offer? I look at the features of a phone that I will use, and judge the phone by how often I will use those features. I don't use the camera much (though I do like the camera on the M8), and I've never had lag issues, and my phone is perfectly capable of downloading things at high speeds both over wifi and 4G signals...what am I missing from this device that the G3 offers? A plastic, cheap-feeling body? A slightly-higher CPU (with less-efficient UI)? Better battery life that I don't need because my M8 makes it through the day with at least 40% left after 15 hours?
    Oh, I agree. Not to mention that the ability to convert the M8 into a GPE is a HUGE bonus for me as I love the stock android experience/speedy updates.
    My surprised is based on the comments and general excitement around the G3 that I have witnessed in various forums.

I play with my food
    Thanked by:
    scottysize and Chetan Takyar like this.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

No way, I am far too happy with my M8. I really like Sense 6 and its simplicity along with the premium build quality. This phone is just top notch. I can't even begin to consider another phone right now. lol
    scottysize likes this.

I'm in the same boat as most of you, my M8 has barely left my hands since I bought it, which was the day after it was announced. I love everything about this phone. And LG's software is nowhere near as good as Sense 6. Well based off of what I've seen on the G2 and the videos for the G3. I probably won't be getting a new phone until the next HTC One line up comes out.
    scottysize likes this.

At most I'll get a G3 as a second phone because why not. I'm too in love with my M8 to sell it.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
    scottysize likes this.

I came from the G2 to the M8 and I'll never go back to another LG product again. They feel cheaper than Samsung, not the slightest bit dev friendly, poor support as far as updates are concerned and too much bloat.

The M8 felt awesome in my hand the first time I picked it up, I don't feel like I'm going to break it unlike the LG. Also the first phone I haven't felt the need to root.
    scottysize likes this.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Nope, my m8 will only be replaced by an M9. Unless a device comes out that does holographic communication, then I'm all over it. :P
    scottysize likes this.

The people most enamored of what the G3 can offer are already watching the G3 forums and ignoring their current phone's discussion area. Also as someone who honestly cannot tolerate the M8 I have noticed that when someone is grabbed by it they love the phone unconditionally and will sit thru RMAs for the joy of being reunited again. I would expect more converts away from Sammy if anything.
    ugxvibe and scottysize like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    I have noticed that when someone is grabbed by it they love the phone unconditionally and will sit thru RMAs for the joy of being reunited again.
    Yep, that would be me. Sent both my M7 and M8 in for issues and was happy to get them back in perfect working order.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
    scottysize likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Well, there's only 2 crazies here, huh? I'm not really surprised. There is no lag on the M8 and why should there be? It's still a top phone, I'm just not enamored with it and I miss my G2.
    On Order: 128GB Gold iPhone 6 Plus
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Soon to be gone: White LG G3
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8
    Relgoshan and ScottsoNJ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    The people most enamored of what the G3 can offer are already watching the G3 forums and ignoring their current phone's discussion area. Also as someone who honestly cannot tolerate the M8 I have noticed that when someone is grabbed by it they love the phone unconditionally and will sit thru RMAs for the joy of being reunited again. I would expect more converts away from Sammy if anything.
    Just wondering, what is so intolerable about the m8?

[JTC ONE m8]

Quote Originally Posted by jtc303 View Post
    Just wondering, what is so intolerable about the m8?

[JTC ONE m8]
    Never been a big Sense fan for one, I need the extra camera pixels, Dot Case is awful and non-Dot cases scratch the metal anyways. Tower hopping bugs especially with Sprint. The modestly high number of build quality RMAs whereas I cannot afford to be phoneless.

In the end I got a Flex and am rocking it caseless. The G3 even does not much appeal to me, I am waiting on Flex 2 news...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast