Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unable to turn on Swiftkey. What's going on?

Okay, so I turned it off to use the default keyboard and I'm unable to turn it back on. I uninstalled it but now its not letting me turn it on. The off/on toggle is grayed out. How do I fix this?

EDIT: Never mind, fixed it.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Unable to turn on Swiftkey. What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    Okay, so I turned it off to use the default keyboard and I'm unable to turn it back on. I uninstalled it but now its not letting me turn it on. The off/on toggle is grayed out. How do I fix this?

EDIT: Never mind, fixed it.
    Have you tried clearing the cache and the data stored by the SwiftKey application. If not then try clearing it switch your device off and wait for a minute. Switch your device on and then again configure the whole swiftkey I am sure this is going to work out for you !!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Have you tried clearing the cache and the data stored by the SwiftKey application. If not then try clearing it switch your device off and wait for a minute. Switch your device on and then again configure the whole swiftkey I am sure this is going to work out for you !!
    Ugh, I feel like an *****. I didn't need to do all that because to turn it on you have to directly swipe the off/on toggle. It was grayed out so I thought I couldn't turn it on. But it turned out that it was grayed out because it was off.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    Ugh, I feel like an *****. I didn't need to do all that because to turn it on you have to directly swipe the off/on toggle. It was grayed out so I thought I couldn't turn it on. But it turned out that it was grayed out because it was off.
    haa.... haaa.... that just means that your problem is solved !! You yourself have figured out ....how odd that was ?? :P

Lol! Happens to the best of us bro. Glad you got it working again. I'm loving SwiftKey.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk