Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By tryatt
  • 3 Post By dyphx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pano photos and Zoe

Ok... So am I being thick when I ask, can you take just regular sweeping panos on the M8...? I see you have the 360 option which makes your sweep to grab the rectangles and stores those, but I have yet to get a decent image from using this... I just want to take standard 180 (wide) image... I don't need to see my feet, or see the blue sky direct above me...

Even when you just do a basic 180, or less, there are aways sections that are distorted...???!!!?!?!?!??!?

Next point, is I think I must be thick as I really don't understand what 'Zoe' does... You go into this mode... Take an image, and then what... I did try reading up on this and read loads of rave reviews, but I just don't get it...????

Confused :-(

Default Re: Pano photos and Zoe

You can 'fill' as much of the 360 pano as you like, just press the shutter again to end the capture.

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

For Zoe's, press and hold the shutter for a second or three. Longer than three (I think it is three) and it just stays on grabbing video.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    You can 'fill' as much of the 360 pano as you like, just press the shutter again to end the capture.

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
    Hi mate... Thx and yeah I have done that but still not that good, form the ones I have taken... Even if I only stretch 1 'rectangle' across each way form the centre, it still is distorted... maybe it just can't handle tight situations (I have been trying to take a pano in my office)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post
    For Zoe's, press and hold the shutter for a second or three. Longer than three (I think it is three) and it just stays on grabbing video.
    Again thx for this... So is the purpose of this feature to just grab a video and still s at the same time? Then create various little movies??? Sorry I just don't get it... Why not just use the video?

Thx folks

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineAddict View Post
    Hi mate... Thx and yeah I have done that but still not that good, form the ones I have taken... Even if I only stretch 1 'rectangle' across each way form the centre, it still is distorted... maybe it just can't handle tight situations (I have been trying to take a pano in my office)
    well...yeah...an office isn't really a panoramic environment. panoramic pictures are ideal for, like, taking pictures of a sunset and the sea outdoors while on a cliff, or in the middle of a large performance theater, or somewhere that you're trying to display how wide and open the area is. an office is probably too small. i can imagine the phone is essentially trying to make a circle out of a square with the picture you're trying to take because it's just a small area lol
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

lyriciss... I think I agree in that the space is too small for this phone, but I disagree that it is too small to take a pano of... I really like the M8 now and am not going o to get into my iPhone did this and that, but the pano feature on the iPhone takes perfect pano pictures in any environment... and a lot easier as well... I just think they have made this feature too complicated resulting in it not being anywhere near as good as other phones... Unless I am just using it wrong... Which is kinda what I am trying to find out :-)

Thx again

i thought I was the only one wondering what Zoe is for!!

If i want vids, I'll take vids! The only good feature is that they can be turned into gif's , but I never feel the need to do that as when you send a gif via something like whatsapp, it doesn't move!
    AlpineAddict likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

OK... I think for part of this thread this is the end of the line... What I was in fact after was the 'sweeping panorama' feature... This is what I was trying to do with the 360 Pano feature, and failing Thx to all for the help on this part...

Still can't get Zoe though...

I have not found the perfect use for Zoes either. However, I think it is a better option that a burst shot mode, if you know you are going to do that. With Zoes, it grabs and keeps all those shots, while with burst mode, you get that annoying/disjointed thing to save the best shot. I am kind of in a hurry if I am using burst mode anyway. so that extra step of picking the best shot seems totally out of place for my usage... so I use the Zoe cam for those shots instead.

EDIT- The Zoes do look cool in the gallery app, moving around a little. Just flavor I know, but cool anyway.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

I think you're looking for "Sweep Panorama." Go to the regular camera, then press settings. Change from 'Auto' to the icon that is between HDR & Anti-shake.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineAddict View Post
    OK... I think for part of this thread this is the end of the line... What I was in fact after was the 'sweeping panorama' feature... This is what I was trying to do with the 360 Pano feature, and failing Thx to all for the help on this part...

Still can't get Zoe though...
    Thanked by: