Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Boomsound Volume

I just got an m8 but it does not seem like its as loud as the m7 I previously had. At near full volume its loud but with the m7 I never had to get close to that level to enjoy it. I can only really hear music when the phone is near max volume. Is it my phone or is my mind just playing tricks on me.

Default Re: Boomsound Volume

My M8 seems to be louder than my girlfriend's M7 by a bit. It's possible they have different volume increments that aren't necessarily even, it may be possible that 50% on the M7 is louder than 50% on the M8, but if you pump it up to 100% the M8 takes it. I dunno though, just a thought on it.

Sent from my HTC One M8
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thats a good point. Where do you keep your media volume normally at? If I may ask.

Depends what I'm doing. I don't do a whole lot of music listening on the speakers, but when I do generally at least 75%, for YouTube anywhere from 50-100% depending on the video and how good the audio is as well as how much noise I'm around when watching. For games I generally keep it on the quieter side at 30-50%

Sent from my HTC One M8

The speaker volume on my M8 is so loud at close range that it is nearly defening. I can feel my eardrums wincing in pain if I try to use it at full volume in close range. Maybe the source files you are trying to play just have low volume?

one thing you can do is find a 3rd phone to test the audio.
    Theres an app called Smart Tools which has a decibel meter built into it.
    Using that you can use a different phone to then compare the loudness of the two devices.
    I my self find my M8 to be equal to or louder then the M7. But thats just me.

You should burn up the speakers a little bit, give them time and they'll be louder after use for a day or two maybe

Dumb question (see screen name lol). How is the phone ringer volume and notification volume? Reason I ask is my wife is a little hard of hearing and rarely hears her phone (GS3). Thinking of upgrading her phone to the M8 for this reason.

The ringer is pretty darn loud, plus there's a "pocket mode" in the volume settings that is supposed to make the it ring louder when in a pocket, bag, purse, etc. Haven't been able to test what kind of volume difference it makes, or if it can boost volume any more if the standard volume is already at max.
    Thanked by:
    Dumb1