Boomsound Volume

pizana

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got an m8 but it does not seem like its as loud as the m7 I previously had. At near full volume its loud but with the m7 I never had to get close to that level to enjoy it. I can only really hear music when the phone is near max volume. Is it my phone or is my mind just playing tricks on me.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
My M8 seems to be louder than my girlfriend's M7 by a bit. It's possible they have different volume increments that aren't necessarily even, it may be possible that 50% on the M7 is louder than 50% on the M8, but if you pump it up to 100% the M8 takes it. I dunno though, just a thought on it.

Sent from my HTC One M8

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Depends what I'm doing. I don't do a whole lot of music listening on the speakers, but when I do generally at least 75%, for YouTube anywhere from 50-100% depending on the video and how good the audio is as well as how much noise I'm around when watching. For games I generally keep it on the quieter side at 30-50%

Sent from my HTC One M8

Robgo

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
The speaker volume on my M8 is so loud at close range that it is nearly defening. I can feel my eardrums wincing in pain if I try to use it at full volume in close range. Maybe the source files you are trying to play just have low volume?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
one thing you can do is find a 3rd phone to test the audio.
Theres an app called Smart Tools which has a decibel meter built into it.
Using that you can use a different phone to then compare the loudness of the two devices.
I my self find my M8 to be equal to or louder then the M7. But thats just me.

Dumb1

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Dumb question (see screen name lol). How is the phone ringer volume and notification volume? Reason I ask is my wife is a little hard of hearing and rarely hears her phone (GS3). Thinking of upgrading her phone to the M8 for this reason.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The ringer is pretty darn loud, plus there's a "pocket mode" in the volume settings that is supposed to make the it ring louder when in a pocket, bag, purse, etc. Haven't been able to test what kind of volume difference it makes, or if it can boost volume any more if the standard volume is already at max.