Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sprint update?

i got an update to software version 1.54.651.10 that i found when i checked for updates seems to be a maintainence update but i cant find much about it . have i missed it for a while ? sorry more tired than normal tonight

Default Re: sprint update?

I just checked and I got the update as well, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sprint update?-40811.jpg   sprint update?-43674.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by nathy321 View Post
    I just checked and I got the update as well, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned

What's that wallpaper?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

It's an update for users who lost the ability to connect to any network, data or voice. Happened to me yesterday, I thought the phone was broken. Android Police had a story up on it, I was driving myself nuts thinking the phone was already crapping out on me. Sprint HTC One M8 OTA Update 1.54.651.10 Fixes Annoying Connection Bug

I'd been experiencing it since I got mine two months ago, I'd just gotten used to restarting to get a connection back. Hopefully this'll do the trick.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I got it from an app called Zedge, you can find it under abstract

Quote Originally Posted by abbzys24 View Post
    What's that wallpaper?

Quote Originally Posted by nathy321 View Post
    I got it from an app called Zedge, you can find it under abstract
    Lol alright thank you, I'm looking under it right now but can't find it. Can you just share it via the app?

sorry I wasn't thinking lol here u go

Quote Originally Posted by abbzys24 View Post
    Lol alright thank you, I'm looking under it right now but can't find it. Can you just share it via the app?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sprint update?-40808.jpg  
    bigrey81 likes this.

With any luck the M8 will be more like my Flex on Sprint now...Sammy needs to get off its laurels and ship one of these updates too. Instead of updates that make their phone progressively *less* reliable like they usually do.

I have both versions of this phone. Both got the Ota. Both are stock and non rooted. It improved the HK version and made the m8 worse. Evidently a profile update and prl help according to sprint. But I'm calling bs till I get on Wifi later to actually do the update.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminjay1982 View Post
    I have both versions of this phone. Both got the Ota. Both are stock and non rooted. It improved the HK version and made the m8 worse. Evidently a profile update and prl help according to sprint. But I'm calling bs till I get on Wifi later to actually do the update.

There's no real difference between the HK edition and the regular versions, it's just a question of different audio processing on the software end, which has nothing to do with the network.

As you said though, a PRL and Profile update could make the difference between a useful update and a non-useful one. Are you unable to connect to networks even after doing a restart?

Sent from my HTC One M8

I did the update to both this evening. The regular m8 lost all service and I had to call into manually program the device.(mdn, msid) Both devices work fine now.

I did the update to both this evening. The regular m8 lost all service and I had to call into manually program the device.(mdn, msid) Both devices work fine now.
    Glad to hear they're working now!

Sent from my HTC One M8

But yeah, I'm curious, everyone who's been having this issue, is it some thing where you just can't connect to any mobile network or is it something where in a low reception area it'll get disconnected for a second and then say it's connected but you can't actually use data or text or voice until you restart your phone. The latter is what I've experienced before the update but even on this thread nobody's being specific about what it is that was going on.

Sent from my HTC One M8

You would be roaming or have 3g in status bar; however, once you went into settings mobile data would be listed as disconnected. You had virtually no data and calls would drop every single time. Didn't matter where you were. The majority of towers would not connect properly

And it would be unaffected by a restart? That's really strange, even more so considering the update seems to have fixed both your problem and mine. *knocks on wood*

Sent from my HTC One M8

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I've tried doing the update, manually activating the phone via MSID and MSN, and the PRL/profile updates. No luck. I got disconnected from a call Friday afternoon and have had minimal service since. I can't seem to pick up 4G at all, and I drop service in places I've never had issues with before. I need to get the phone working ASAP, or I'll be looking at something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    I've tried doing the update, manually activating the phone via MSID and MSN, and the PRL/profile updates. No luck. I got disconnected from a call Friday afternoon and have had minimal service since. I can't seem to pick up 4G at all, and I drop service in places I've never had issues with before. I need to get the phone working ASAP, or I'll be looking at something else.
    Tell Sprint Care about it on Twitter, as I said earlier in this thread, a tower update they did helped me before this update. Sometimes there are some in your area that just haven't been upgraded for some reason that Sprint Care can tell to get in gear.

Sent from my HTC One M8

You might actually have a problem with your phone. My first HK One had that same issue and I had to fight like hell to get it replaced. They ended up looking at service trender in store and I only had service about 10% of the time with that phone on the towers I connect to most. Ended up being a communication problem with the phone to the network. Tech that replaced it said that after a radio reset and then a hard reset, he couldnt communicate with the phone even though the phone showed it had a good signal on lte cdma.

After the update my M8 would not receive calls. I updated my profile & it rebooted. Now it seems to be working although I can't verify I am receiving texts.

Since the update I've been missing most of my phone calls and not receiving or sending out texts. I tried updating my profile and doing the reset trick by dialing ##72786# but the problems persist. It may be my phone not playing nice with our Airave after the firmware update. It's frustrating in that my phone was working perfectly before the update. I'm kicking myself for doing the update.

Quote Originally Posted by elshagon View Post
    Since the update I've been missing most of my phone calls and not receiving or sending out texts. I tried updating my profile and doing the reset trick by dialing ##72786# but the problems persist. It may be my phone not playing nice with our Airave after the firmware update. It's frustrating in that my phone was working perfectly before the update. I'm kicking myself for doing the update.
    Do you switch to CDMA to work with your Airwave? I have to, to connect. I'm on the fringe of 4G, but when set to auto, the phone always tries to lock onto it, and not the Airwave. Mine is working fine after the update.

Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    Do you switch to CDMA to work with your Airwave? I have to, to connect. I'm on the fringe of 4G, but when set to auto, the phone always tries to lock onto it, and not the Airwave. Mine is working fine after the update.
    Just tested it with CDMA and no help. When I do get texts they come late and I've been receiving multiple copies of the same text. Why couldn't they just send out the firmware with instructions to only install it if you're having problems? Frustrated

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

You might actually have a problem with your phone. My first HK One had that same issue and I had to fight like hell to get it replaced. They ended up looking at service trender in store and I only had service about 10% of the time with that phone on the towers I connect to most. Ended up being a communication problem with the phone to the network. Tech that replaced it said that after a radio reset and then a hard reset, he couldnt communicate with the phone even though the phone showed it had a good signal on lte cdma.
    Your situation is identical to my current one. Going to Sprint after work armed with numerous forum posts here and their own posts. Absolutely unacceptable for a 2 month old phone.

I installed this update yesterday and ever since my phone takes forever to connect to lte and most times I now have toggle airplane mode to connect to lte.
    I personally would not reommend this update.
    I have contacted Sprint and they have done some stuff which has not helped.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast