Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't log into Google account

My husband and I both have the HTC one M8. We love it and got one for my FIL for father's day. He puts in his correct Gmail account password and an authentication screen comes up telling us to enter the code we see on the screen but there is no captcha there to type in. Our other two phones didn't do this. What are we doing wrong?

Default Re: Can't log into Google account

He must have the 2 step Google verification. If that is the case, there is an app in the play store called Authenticator by Google. It will give you the code you need.

Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Can't log into Google account

He is technologically declined. He didn't have that set up. We had him set up a new password which also didn't work. We figured out a work around. We used the HTC app to copy data from the old Android phone to the new one. It also copied over the Google account and settings. Three hours to accomplish what should have taken three seconds. I then had him set up his Google account to have 2 step verification. I still don't know why his phone did that. But it works now.