Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google maps not working

I haven't been able to use Google maps as a navigation. I'm not sure if it's the phone or the carrier. I have sprint so that probably explains it. Have any of you guys experienced problems with the navigation on Google maps?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Default Re: Google maps not working

I know that the navigation portion doesn't work for me unless I turn GPS on. I have it in energy saving mode, and a pop up appears when I try to navigate, telling me to change settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my LG G4. Previous phones - HTC One M8, HTC One M7, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about:

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my LG G4. Previous phones - HTC One M8, HTC One M7, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

I see you have the power saving on in the notification bar. Could that be it?

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jhilker View Post
    I know that the navigation portion doesn't work for me unless I turn GPS on. I have it in energy saving mode, and a pop up appears when I try to navigate, telling me to change settings.

Actually I always leave my GPS on the most accurate setting but my view arrow won't move and after a few minutes it says GPS signal lost.
    Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about:http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/16/zu9a8y3a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

does it actually get a GPS lock? if the GPS icon (satellite dish with waves emanating) keeps blinking, no lock. It turns steady when it gets a lock. google maps won't work with turn-by-turn without a gps lock. I also have an M8 on sprint, and sometime it won't lock. turn the phone off and back on then try. I think something in the GPS settings get's stuck, and it won't lock, but the power cycle will reset whatever is stuck. a reset won't do it (in my experience), have to power off, then back on. hope that works for you.

Any answers on this quite yet? I get the exact same error and have not yet found solutions anywhere else. Any help would be much appreciated.

Guys it just started working for me go see if ur guyses works

Power save mode doesn't keep gps from coming on when needed. You need to open Maps and go to settings-Google location settings-set accuracy to High.

Open Maps and go to settings. In settings there is a location accuracy setting. Set it to high accuracy.

Mine works fine on my Sprint M8 HK.

I do have it set to HIGH ACC though...
    HTC ONE (M8 - HK edition)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)