HTC Weather/clock widget not updating/syncing

adairpro

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have an issue with the HTC stock weather/clock widget. The weather portion will update for a while and stops after about 6 hours. A reboot will fix the problem for about 6 hours. I have the weather app scheduled to update every hour. The same thing also happens with my Beweather widget. They both stop updating/syncing after a few hours. Anybody have these issues? Thanks.

Snapperjacker

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Make sure you have the HTC Weather Service checked under Settings - Accounts & Sync. Also, if you have a battery saver app make sure you have the weather service in the "white list" or similar.

adairpro

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I do have the HTC Weather service checked. I don't have battery saver app installed, only the stock battery app. Thank you.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Go into your Battery Manager(Settings-Battery Manager) and turn off the SLEEP MODE. I wonder if the 6 hour time frame you are referring to is your data connection getting cutoff for inactivity, and the widgets not "waking up" properly when you get connection back.

Try toggling airplane mode on/off to see if you can wake them up uf the above does not work. Can you update them manually when this occurs?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine never follows my location and always displays my home location. I have the auto detect and update my location checked under settings.....

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine never follows my location and always displays my home location. I have the auto detect and update my location checked under settings.....

yup, my ocd gets the best of me when that happens, often times throughout the day when I'm working (6mi from my home) it will display my location as my home, I find that if I open google maps, then close out, the weather widget automatically updates correctly

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang