- 270 Posts
M8 and GS5 can't share files via wifi direct
I'm trying to get my mates GS5 and my M8 to play ball (or transfer a large file) with wifi Direct.
Used to work fine when we were both using Samsung phones but not when I'm on the m8.
He's using the built in Samsung wifi direct and I'm using superbeam (as apparently the M8 doesn't transfer files without third party software.
We can connect but as soon as he tries to transfer a file it fails.
We did try Bluetooth but the speed is a joke and it failed part way though anyway.
Has anyone got some step by step instructions on how to send files from a GS5 to an M8 via wifi direct?
- 06-16-2014, 09:15 AM #2
- 06-16-2014, 10:27 AM #3
Re: M8 and GS5 can't share files via wifi direct
If I remember correctly, Samsungs use S-Beam which is a Samsung product, which is why it only works Samsung to Samsung.
To transfer files I've used ES File Manager. It has a built-in hotspot option which uses WiFi Direct (I think).
- By Byron 5 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 8Last Post: 06-17-2014, 12:37 AM
- By tinker1234 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 10:36 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 08:49 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 08:41 AM
- By RionDunn in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 07:47 AM