Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By law2010
  • 1 Post By Kwesi Yasay
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Htc one m8 battery is getting worst

i only get like 2-3:30 of on screen maximum and it's already rooted. Though i can use the phone for 40 hours without using the screen to much.

Default Re: My Htc one m8 battery is getting worst

Useless without screenshots

My M8 posted this
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    Useless without screenshots

My M8 posted this
    Here

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Htc one m8 battery is getting worst-1402961905790.jpg  

It doesn't look like you started on full. Did you unplug your device before it reached 100 percent? That may be why you didn't get much screen time on this charge. Of course, there may be other reasons such as apps, sync and the like. How long have you had the M8?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

A month already,before then ive always used youtube,facebook, and blinkfeed. No i didnt charge it. This was also rooted viper rom

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Here another screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Htc one m8 battery is getting worst-1402964628977.jpg  

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kwesi Yasay View Post
    Here another screenshot.

Not to be crass, but I don't see the problem with your battery life. It looks like you are receiving amazing results. If you can, try recharging your phone every night.

I usually get about 18 hours on mine with moderate to heavy usage throughout the day with a mediocre 4G signal.

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by law2010 View Post
    Not to be crass, but I don't see the problem with your battery life. It looks like you are receiving amazing results. If you can, try recharging your phone every night.

I usually get about 18 hours on mine with moderate to heavy usage throughout the day with a mediocre 4G signal.

Yeah, the standby time is great the real indicator that the battery life is great,its the on screen time. Others can get like 5 hrs of on screen time and still getting 14hrs of usage. I just dont know why my phone is like this. I have an old screen shot here

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Htc one m8 battery is getting worst-1402967490870.jpg  

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Yeah, the standby time is great the real indicator that the battery life is great,its the on screen time. Others can get like 5 hrs of on screen time and still getting 14hrs of usage. I just dont know why my phone is like this. I have an old screen shot here

Do you think that your custom ROM may have something to do with it?

I have gotten about 7 hours of onscreen time with my M8 before, but all I was doing was watching back to back episodes of Lost on Netflix while connected to my WiFi at home. I was impressed with it, but I really did just play 7 episodes of Lost without messing with other apps and then recharged my phone.

Your custom ROM may have something to do with your battery life.

Thanked by:
    Kwesi Yasay likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Do you think that your custom ROM may have something to do with it?

I have gotten about 7 hours of onscreen time with my M8 before, but all I was doing was watching back to back episodes of Lost on Netflix while connected to my WiFi at home. I was impressed with it, but I really did just play 7 episodes of Lost without messing with other apps and then recharged my phone.

Your custom ROM may have something to do with your battery life.

Maybe its the custom rom. Thats amazing, i cant get that with my stock before i only got like 4 hrs of on screen time. Wait is the 7 hrs only netflix? Im gonna change my rom

I agree; the custom ROM may be the source of your battery life issues. iB4STiD and scrosler are both known to make ROMs with great battery life. You may want to try Skyfall/Goldeneye (iB4STiD) or CleanROM (scrosler) out. Of course, this depends on which carrier version your M8 is.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Antitryptic View Post
    I agree; the custom ROM may be the source of your battery life issues. iB4STiD and scrosler are both known to make ROMs with great battery life. You may want to try Skyfall/Goldeneye (iB4STiD) or CleanROM (scrosler) out. Of course, this depends on which carrier version your M8 is.
    I just downloaded and installed android revolution though. I hope it has a great battery life. In the future im gonna try goldeneye,by the way i have the att version. S-off.

Antitryptic likes this.

Android Revolution is great as well; I used that ROM on my M7. Well, cheers to good battery life!
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Antitryptic View Post
    Android Revolution is great as well; I used that ROM on my M7. Well, cheers to good battery life!
    Did it improve your m7's battery from stock to custom ROM? Cuz i heard that m7 didnt have a great battery life..

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Maybe its the custom rom. Thats amazing, i cant get that with my stock before i only got like 4 hrs of on screen time. Wait is the 7 hrs only netflix? Im gonna change my rom

Yes, it was only Netflix. The phone had been off the charger for about an hour before I started using Netflix, but I barely touched the phone at all before using Netflix. I suspect that Netflix on WiFi without doing anything else on the phone is what allowed me to get that much time out of the battery.
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Yes, it was only Netflix. The phone had been off the charger for about an hour before I started using Netflix, but I barely touched the phone at all before using Netflix. I suspect that Netflix on WiFi without doing anything else on the phone is what allowed me to get that much time out of the battery.
    Im trying elementalx kernel if it saves for battery then the stock. Still you have great battery