4.4.3 is coming

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, if it's coming soon, that means I may get it by..say...this time next year? That's about how long VZW usually takes to release updates OTA.

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, if it's coming soon, that means I may get it by..say...this time next year? That's about how long VZW usually takes to release updates OTA.

Not so sure about this with HTC now. They have stated they are focused on updating their apps thru the play store. My question is, can they update sense thru google play. Hmmmmmmmm........ I don't see a reason why they can't.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Not so sure about this with HTC now. They have stated they are focused on updating their apps thru the play store. My question is, can they update sense thru google play. Hmmmmmmmm........ I don't see a reason why they can't.

It's more than just an apk

My M8 posted this

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Not sure I follow you. An update is an update and if that update can be made thru the play store then what's issue.

There are core OS updates which will enhance, fix or add OS related issues/features. In the past OEM's have provided, in this case HTC, have provided updates to their software components along with the OS updates. As with HTC, Samsung, Motorola, they all have moved away from bundling their software updates with OS updates. This allows them to push updates and new features to the OEM components faster to the consumer.

So in this case 4.4.3 are updates to the OS (Android) and not to the OEM components.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The camera is an app. It is not a self contained app, it requires core libraries from Sense (or whatever skin) to run effectively and do its job. Sometimes an app can be improved without touching anything core related (which is where going through the play store is effective). Sometimes you have to change the core libraries to update the app. Considering that the core libraries effect everything that is on your phone, you cannot just change them everytime you tweak the camera. You have to test those against everything.

Apps can be updated through the play store, but the core really cannot. Not unless you really want to mess up a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12