Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Purchase question

OK, have the S5, but I would like to purchase an M8. I have AT&T and am not sure where the best place it to buy a device. Who is reputable? I don't want to buy a device that someone reports stolen and get ripped off.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Purchase question

I have a phone problem and purchase usually every 6 months. I have been doing this for about 6 years, and I buy all on eBay. People have gotten screwed but I believe if you research your seller you should have no problem. Plus, you could get great deals. I will not buy from someone with no or low feedback. I purchased my m8 there, average at time was selling for $575, I found mine for 475 brand new, 32 gig, gunmetal, free shipping. Had it in 2 days, no problems. If you just read their feedback you can get an idea of what they are like. Hope this helped, good luck.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am not sure, I don't need a rooted device do I? I am not planning on trying anything special, just want a M8, stock. And what exactly does factory unlocked mean?

I've usually been pretty lucky purchasing phones from Craigslist. Give them a try.

I would also recommend swappa, having bought a used OneX there when mine went into the lake with me.

Factory unlock means you can use it on any carrier it is compatible with, whereas phones you buy from ATT, you cannot take to Tmobile as it is "locked" to ATT. You can get them unlocked within certain parameters, but it takes effort. If you are on ATT, get the unlocked or ATT version. If you have a choice between either for same price point, get the unlocked as you could later sell it easier.

EDIT- If you are a normal user, get a non-rooted, stock phone. If they all seem rooted, ask the seller to restore it to stock... it can be done, and they should have the know how.
    Gigantic Member

Carrier
    ARHD 8.0

And +1 for swappa...Craigslist is too shady, and Ebay is a decent bet, but I prefer swappa. Granted I have never bought anything from there, but I have sold 5 items on that site. The people there seem to know their stuff when it comes to phones, plus they even do a free IMEI check for ya. Granted someone can report it stolen after the initial check or after its sold, but I havent heard of any complaints yet about that happening.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ugh. PayPal is so ridiculous to use. I can't get my address confirmed. And I have never had an account before today.