HTC ON (M8): Whatsapp and BBM push notification problem

ionutvirlan

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am driving mad about this problem:
So, after a few minutes (10-20 mins) when someone sends me a message on whatsapp or bbm or Facebook messenger etc... the phone doesn't receive the message until i enter the app (whatsapp, bbm, fbmessenger etc).
I don't know what to do. I don'w know if this is a problem after I made an update last week or smth.

If anyone has a solution i will be very grateful. If not, probably I will get rid of this beautifully built phone but with major software problems.
Probably I will go back at Blackberry or maybe Windows Phone.
Thanks a lot

JibbaJabba10

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I dont have BBM but Whatsapp and FB Messenger work fine on my phone.
Have you gone into each application and made sure notifications are turned on?
Check the chat heads are on as well for FB messenger.
Rebooted? Same again without FastBoot?

ionutvirlan

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
thx for answering. did all that.
also reset and lost all my data (pics etc)
everything.
checked with the notifications, everything. i hope it will solve it by an update or smth.
don't know what to do next

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Could try also making sure that notifications are on in the device settings as well. I'm sure you probably already have but just throwing it out there just in case.

My iPhone 5 had that issue as well. So freaking annoying. I've never had that issue with the one M8 though, so in this case I want to say you're problems are probably stemming from another app you have installed on your device.

Sent from my HTC One (m8) using Tapatalk

aramos87

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Also make sure sleep mode is turned off. It is in the battery manager settings. When it's enabled it will turn off your data if you're not actively using the phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

I've had a similar issue to yours as far as Facebook notifications not showing up as well; but that was on my BlackBerry Q10 device. I believe I tried uninstalling and re-installing my native Facebook app. I know you're using a different device AND a different platform, but maybe that would help.

As far as BBM is concerned, what version do you have? Have you updated to the most current BBM version? What I often do is send a direct message to @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter. I don't know if they have a BBM for Android Twitter handle (they might!); but sending them a direct message could be beneficial. They've responded to me usually within a time-frame of 8-24 hours.

Good luck, and please let us know what happens!

Posted via Android Central App

ionutvirlan

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
hi guys. after very much days testing the phone and everything i have the problem:
it is a network problem. the current internet provider is causing the problem. i put my other sim card from iphone to the htc one (different current provider) and it works just fine.
also if the phone is connected to wireless network the push notification works just fine.
putted back the original sim card in the htc one and the same problem. i think the push up does not work for the internet plan i currently am subscribed.
guess i will resign with my current provider. after making a big scandal about it
:))
thanks, for your suggestions. i was driving mad about it. let us hope that it will work out fine.

P.S. also i replaced my sim card and still the same problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad