Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NickPorter
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

Hi there,

I have a question about the camera. My camera shuts down and returns to the main screen when I take a photo and click the check mark.

Is this a setting of the phone/camera etc. or is it due to a problem?

Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

Welcome to Android Central! Does it persist after a reboot? Try booting into Recovery and wiping the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data: [Guide] How to reboot into Stock Recovery on HTC One M8

Having the same problem. I booted into Recovery just like you suggested in the article you posted, problem still persists.

Any other reason why this would still be happening?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it persist after a reboot? Try booting into Recovery and wiping the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data: [Guide] How to reboot into Stock Recovery on HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by NickPorter View Post
    Having the same problem. I booted into Recovery just like you suggested in the article you posted, problem still persists.

Any other reason why this would still be happening?

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

That's odd. Have you tried installing a 3rd party camera app to see if the same thing occurs?

That's odd. Have you tried installing a 3rd party camera app to see if the same thing occurs?
    Just installed google camera and it seems to be working fine. But I much prefer the UI of the stock camera on the phone. Any other suggestions?

Well, at least we know the camera works. You haven't disabled a whole bunch of apps, have you? If so, maybe there was some system or HTC app that was disabled that was actually necessary for the HTC camera to work correctly.

Well, at least we know the camera works. You haven't disabled a whole bunch of apps, have you? If so, maybe there was some system or HTC app that was disabled that was actually necessary for the HTC camera to work correctly.
    Uh oh. This may have been the reason. I recall disabling apps at some point. When you disable an app, does is disappear from all lists in your settings? Where can I go about enabling those apps again?

If you go to Settings/Apps and tap the Menu button, you should see an option to Reset All App Preferences. Tapping that should reenable all disabled apps.

Otherwise, go to Settings/Apps, and swipe all the way to the right. The Disabled list should be to the right of the All list. On older Android versions, though, Disabled apps are listed in All at the very bottom.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

I reset all app preferences and didn't see any changes. I even tried to force stop and clear the data from the camera, and still nothing.

Might be time to contact HTC support. You checked your Settings/Apps to see if there are still any Disabled apps?

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Well something that I did along the way apparently worked because it is back in working order! Thanks for your help

B. Diddy likes this.