Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

burakyilmaz

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a question about the camera. My camera shuts down and returns to the main screen when I take a photo and click the check mark.

Is this a setting of the phone/camera etc. or is it due to a problem?

NickPorter

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem. I booted into Recovery just like you suggested in the article you posted, problem still persists.

Any other reason why this would still be happening?

NickPorter

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it persist after a reboot? Try booting into Recovery and wiping the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ow-reboot-into-stock-recovery-htc-one-m8.html

Having the same problem. I booted into Recovery just like you suggested in the article you posted, problem still persists.

Any other reason why this would still be happening?

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. Have you tried installing a 3rd party camera app to see if the same thing occurs?

NickPorter

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
That's odd. Have you tried installing a 3rd party camera app to see if the same thing occurs?

Just installed google camera and it seems to be working fine. But I much prefer the UI of the stock camera on the phone. Any other suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, at least we know the camera works. You haven't disabled a whole bunch of apps, have you? If so, maybe there was some system or HTC app that was disabled that was actually necessary for the HTC camera to work correctly.

NickPorter

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, at least we know the camera works. You haven't disabled a whole bunch of apps, have you? If so, maybe there was some system or HTC app that was disabled that was actually necessary for the HTC camera to work correctly.

Uh oh. This may have been the reason. I recall disabling apps at some point. When you disable an app, does is disappear from all lists in your settings? Where can I go about enabling those apps again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Settings/Apps and tap the Menu button, you should see an option to Reset All App Preferences. Tapping that should reenable all disabled apps.

Otherwise, go to Settings/Apps, and swipe all the way to the right. The Disabled list should be to the right of the All list. On older Android versions, though, Disabled apps are listed in All at the very bottom.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

NickPorter

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I reset all app preferences and didn't see any changes. I even tried to force stop and clear the data from the camera, and still nothing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Might be time to contact HTC support. You checked your Settings/Apps to see if there are still any Disabled apps?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

NickPorter

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Well something that I did along the way apparently worked because it is back in working order! Thanks for your help

p3812618

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I figured out why this was happening on my phone!

You have to uninstall Google Now Launcher. That's the app that's causing all your camera features to go away and then shut down after taking one picture.

It really sucks because I like having "OK Google". You could download a third party camera app too.

ChristianStella

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
My camera does the same thing. I'm on Google Now Launcher so I'm sure that's it.

The good news is that it works fine if you launch the camera from the lock screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Maribeth Wester

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Unbelievable! That worked, plus my photos were not uploading to google photos, either, and this fixed that also?!! All I did was uninstall Google Now -- THANK YOU