Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NickPorter
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    Hi there,

    I have a question about the camera. My camera shuts down and returns to the main screen when I take a photo and click the check mark.

    Is this a setting of the phone/camera etc. or is it due to a problem?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    Welcome to Android Central! Does it persist after a reboot? Try booting into Recovery and wiping the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data: [Guide] How to reboot into Stock Recovery on HTC One M8
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    Having the same problem. I booted into Recovery just like you suggested in the article you posted, problem still persists.

    Any other reason why this would still be happening?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it persist after a reboot? Try booting into Recovery and wiping the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data: [Guide] How to reboot into Stock Recovery on HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by NickPorter View Post
    Having the same problem. I booted into Recovery just like you suggested in the article you posted, problem still persists.

    Any other reason why this would still be happening?


    Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    That's odd. Have you tried installing a 3rd party camera app to see if the same thing occurs?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    That's odd. Have you tried installing a 3rd party camera app to see if the same thing occurs?
    Just installed google camera and it seems to be working fine. But I much prefer the UI of the stock camera on the phone. Any other suggestions?

    Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    Well, at least we know the camera works. You haven't disabled a whole bunch of apps, have you? If so, maybe there was some system or HTC app that was disabled that was actually necessary for the HTC camera to work correctly.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Well, at least we know the camera works. You haven't disabled a whole bunch of apps, have you? If so, maybe there was some system or HTC app that was disabled that was actually necessary for the HTC camera to work correctly.
    Uh oh. This may have been the reason. I recall disabling apps at some point. When you disable an app, does is disappear from all lists in your settings? Where can I go about enabling those apps again?

    Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    If you go to Settings/Apps and tap the Menu button, you should see an option to Reset All App Preferences. Tapping that should reenable all disabled apps.

    Otherwise, go to Settings/Apps, and swipe all the way to the right. The Disabled list should be to the right of the All list. On older Android versions, though, Disabled apps are listed in All at the very bottom.

    Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    I reset all app preferences and didn't see any changes. I even tried to force stop and clear the data from the camera, and still nothing.

    Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    Might be time to contact HTC support. You checked your Settings/Apps to see if there are still any Disabled apps?

    Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Camera shutting down after taking 1 photo

    Well something that I did along the way apparently worked because it is back in working order! Thanks for your help

    Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Galaxy S3 Camera Failed
    By Aisukaunta in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 08:11 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 08:12 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 08:10 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 02:20 PM
  5. domain drop down
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 12:16 PM

Posting Permissions