My HTC One m8 wont recognize that my headphones are plugged in?

Trushawn Carter

May 12, 2015
Visit site
my alcatel wont recognize my head phonez

I'm trying to play my music
Through my skull Candy's but it keeps play my speakers. I tryed them in my other phone and the music still played through the speakers? Is their any way to make them play through my phones?

DrZeuso

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I just received my Sony MDR-EX650 and won't work with my HTC one m8. Funny thing is these earphones work with every other device including nexus 7 tablet, iphone, laptop... When I hold down button on the earphone, my phone recognises the headphone is plugged in - but once i let go it thinks headphone is not plugged in..

So i think it's a software issue - has anyone found a solution to this?

Also, I have a few other headphones and they all work fine on my HTC.. just the new sony pair doesn't work..

conspeak

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Stupid solution, but it actually works 100% of the time:
1. Stick the headphones jack all the way
2. Immediately pull it out just a bit (you will feel just how much you have to pull)
3. Push it back, all the way
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 a couple of times, until the headphones icon is displayed in the notification area

This is probably how rape feels, but hey, the music is singing! :D

Daniel L1

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Wow. Seems like I am not the only having challenges with my HTC ear phones. Interestingly it was doing a whole lot of software updates at the time. The supplied HTC ear phones HTC One M8 had worked fine and wow what a great sound beforehand! Better than my iPod! Anyway was unable to use said headphones all the way to work:-\....got home researched the glitch.

Thank you for the posters that have advised installing the SoundAbout music app. Now all my music players NOW work and what an incredible stereo hard smackin bass HTC. Just can't understand why they are so low on the radar for smart phone buyers. HTC are still the best! Only gripe is having to pay 4 dollars for the SoundAbout app when trial runs out. HTC should pay for this since its obviously a bug. Otherwise HTC One M8 is equal to or better than the Apple 6 any day especially with its slick amber gold finish:).

Hi there mate!
Install SoundAbout app off Play store. Make sure the setting is set to with earphones when you want this (in settings). It is only a trial so you will have to pay a few dollars for the full version. Then all your installed music players will work and you will think you are listening to Dolby..unreal sound:D

Lazy aren't they! Its obviously a bug. All you needed to do was to download the SoundAbout app...oh well..the headphones are funky in design;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

hazeleyes8889

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
It's a glitch with the software. The only solution I have found is to download an app called Soundabout. Configure the settings and you can go back to listening to music.

Niick59

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i had the same problem. My phone won't reconize my headphone.

I tried to clear the cache (explained in previous post) but it didn't worked.

I noticed that, my micro-usb was full of dust. (I own my phone since a year).
I took a needle and remove all the compressed dust in the plug.

I did the same in the jack plug and i removed also a lot of dust.

Plugged my headphones, worked directly.

So maybe it's not a software problem, just the dust blocking the headphone from working correctly.

Jaegar_Is_Here

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey I've had the same issue. If you have cleaned it out with compressed air and it still doesn't work, try the SoundAbout app. It worked for me. Now I'm trying to figure out what is causing the issue.

I started having the same problem with my headphones, my Urbanears Zinken headphones won't be recognized while my HTC earplugs which came with my device works fine, my headphones works fine with everything else (computer and other mobile devices.) I bought the headphones 2 weeks ago, and I was really enjoying the music (with BoomSound turned off, seems the clarity decreases with BoomSound on to me.)
so I would like to know how to fix this..
please help. =(
Wanted to let you all know that the soundabout app worked long a charm for me. Use it. I went media audio on the main page and messed around and had to change the settings to dock(analog). Fixed it immediately. Thank you guys for the suggestion. :)

KenOtwell

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Having exact same issue. FM radio app will not turn on unless headphones are plugged in. But when I plug them in, it plays from the speaker, not the phones. SoundAbout did NOT work. The above cache reset did NOT work. My unit is HTC One:

Android 5.0.2
HTC Sense 6.0
HTC SDK API 6.55
Build Number 7.23.502.4 CL502785 release-keys

Help! How can I get through the day without my tunes???

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Having exact same issue. FM radio app will not turn on unless headphones are plugged in. But when I plug them in, it plays from the speaker, not the phones. SoundAbout did NOT work. The above cache reset did NOT work. My unit is HTC One:

Android 5.0.2
HTC Sense 6.0
HTC SDK API 6.55
Build Number 7.23.502.4 CL502785 release-keys

Help! How can I get through the day without my tunes???

Have you tried blowing out the headphone socket with compressed air. As dust and pocket lint might be the problem

Yannet Wondim

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
My earphones work fine with other devices but once I plug it into my phone there is no recognition of the earphones. It doesn't show as earphones plugged in. It was working perfectly fine and then my music just stopped playing so what should I do?

jkshaw

May 9, 2016
Visit site
2. Immediately pull it out just a bit (you will feel just how much you have to pull)
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 a couple of times, until the headphones icon is displayed in the notification area

Worked for me! Really strange... Thank you!! :)

Rafa Montero

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Though I don't have any real solution I thought i would add my experience with this as well.

Yesterday, my headphones(the HTC pair that came with the phone) were working fine in the morning. Then I left the phone alone for a while with the headphones plugged in but with nothing playing and when I came back to it a few hours later the headphones were no longer recognized as being plugged in by the phone and audio was coming out of the phone speakers.
In keeping with what others are saying, the HTC headphones still work fine with other devices and all the other headphones I have work fine with the HTC One. But the specific pairing of HTC headphones with HTC phone does not work. I am wondering if it has something to do with them being the pair plugged in at the time of an update though I can't be sure if any update occurred during the time I was not using my phone.

As recommended above using the Soundabout app to force media output to the headphones does work, though the in-line remote does not, so I am certain it is a software issue and I am going to hope that HTC releases a fix for it soon.

This is genius! Thanks a lot you saved me man

Ladyplf Fields

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site

I joined the forum just to say thank you for the simple solution. I almost didn't want to try it because it might cause more damage but then I just said f it, it's already broken. Thanks.

allyssa hardy

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
One minute my phone was playing music fine, then the phone stopped recognizing my headphones. I've tried cleaning out the headphone jack but that did not work. It happened before and after a day of cleaning it out to no avail, I restarted the phone and the phone started recognizing the headphones. I tried it this time but nothing happened. The music just plays through the speakers. I have the Harmon Kardon Edition with the stock Harmon Kardon Headphones.

Have you figured out why it is not working? Mine was working fine the other day and now it stopped. It just plays though the speakers. I have a HTC desire eye. With Ifrogz ear buds.

Darren118

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Have you figured out why it is not working? Mine was working fine the other day and now it stopped. It just plays though the speakers. I have a HTC desire eye. With Ifrogz ear buds.

I've fixed mine :) I did factory reset ... waste of time no change.... Then I picked fluff and dirt out of headphone Jack socket and all fixed !

MadelineBeanard24

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I joined the forum just to say thank you for the simple solution. I almost didn't want to try it because it might cause more damage but then I just said f it, it's already broken. Thanks.
Yeah.. I mean honestly, my phone is very nice. The earphones that came with the phone work now due to that. My other headphones work just fine. My earphones don't though. Thank you.

I also tried cleaning it out with one of my wire cleaners for my braces. (They work well) It worked for a bit. I may clean it out again. I'm due for a new phone any who.. My phones brake once a year for some reason.. Its been good so far..

Pravin Gasva

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site

Hi conspeak, as you said I too thought this as the stupidest solution posted for this problem and at this forum, as it would just toggle mono and stereo mode. BUT IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!

I was using the soundabout app till now, but got irritated many times as it would automatically closed itself sometimes. I rooted the phone and installed custom kernel just to solve this issue, but nothing helped. But now this so-called stupid solution worked for me.