Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Super Dave426
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I get call history time stamp?

When I go to phone history and look at numbers from a previous day it will not show what time the calls were made or received. Is there a way to get the time to show for previous days calls?

Default Re: How do I get call history time stamp?

Go to the phone app, swipe right to Call History, select one of the incoming or outgoing call from the list, and then Press and hold a name or number in the list to display the options, then tap View History.

Sent from my RCT6378W2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It shows the duration of the call but not the time that the call occurred, is yours different somehow?
    For example, it shows that I had three calls from the number on Wednesday but it does not tell me what time those calls occurred.

Are you using the stock phone app? Because mine shows the time the call occurred, but not how long it lasted..

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, it's the stock one.

My Phone with the stock phone APP does not show the TIME of call in history either. It only shows DATE of the call and DURATION.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok, I guess it's an htc thing then. I don't feel I should have to download an app just to find out what time I received a call the day before but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang8918 View Post
    Ok, I guess it's an htc thing then. I don't feel I should have to download an app just to find out what time I received a call the day before but it is what it is.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly! This is basic, obvious information that any user would need. You shouldn't have to install a third-party app to get basic functionality! It makes me wonder how on Earth they could make such a decision. Absolutely counterintuitive (particularly for a skin that calls itself "Sense"... The absence of this info makes NO sense!). SOLUTION: I installed a third-party dialer, called "Dialer+" (It's free. And very well-designed to boot). It reveals the timestamp info you seek. I am in the process of communicating with HTC over this issue right now. Would like to see it addressed in an upcoming software update.

I have the Sprint m8 and all I do is go to call history,it will show the time and day of last call to a particular contact. If I hold that contact down it gives me option for ,view history,I press it ,and can see time,and date of calls as far back as I like. Stock dialer as well.

That is very interesting... This information is absolutely unavailable to me on my AT&T m7, running KitKat (Android 4.4.2) & Sense 6.0. So, you think this may be a limitation imposed by the carrier?
    Thanked by:

I have AT&T and the M8. Like the previous poster, I'm able to get the duration of the call.

Posted via Android Central App

I have the Verizon M8 and follow the instructions given here and I see everything about the call.

Quote Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
    Go to the phone app, swipe right to Call History, select one of the incoming or outgoing call from the list, and then Press and hold a name or number in the list to display the options, then tap View History.
    htc One M8, Galaxy s4 retired, htc Thunderbolt retired

Sent from my Atari 2600

Quote Originally Posted by 757Dave View Post
    I have the Verizon M8 and follow the instructions given here and I see everything about the call.
    I'm on Verizon and only see times for the current day. Previous days just give the date.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Quote Originally Posted by techitrucker View Post
    Originally Posted by 757Dave
    I'm on Verizon and only see times for the current day. Previous days just give the date.
    I'm no expert on this matter, but are you using the stock phone app that came with the m8? When you open your history and long press on a recent call do you see the following:

How do I get call history time stamp?-screen-shot-01.jpg

If you do, when you select view history what do you see?

Just trying to help.

Sent from my Atari 2600

On my AT&T phone when I long click on a call in History, then select "view history" from the top of the list of options that become available, the only thing that appears is the DATE and DURATION of the call, it does not time stamp the call unless the call was made that day, anything earlier than day of and there is no time stamp.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sullie714 View Post
    On my AT&T phone when I long click on a call in History, then select "view history" from the top of the list of options that become available, the only thing that appears is the DATE and DURATION of the call, it does not time stamp the call unless the call was made that day, anything earlier than day of and there is no time stamp.....
    OK, I guess I've missed the OP's point. I see what you are getting at. Same here. Time only shows on current days calls. A little slow on the uptake on this one, sorry.

Sent from my Atari 2600

It seems to be a carrier issue, displaying time and date here on Vodafone Ireland

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

ROM
    MOAR 9

I am on Sprint and looking at the call history tab it shows date and time of call, no further action is required.
    Thanked by:
    kct1975 likes this.

I have the Sprint HTC One (M8), and it shows the date and the time of the call right in the call history.
    It doesn't tell the duration of the call, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverk View Post
    It seems to be a carrier issue, displaying time and date here on Vodafone Ireland

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
    I agree. I have the factory unlocked edition (Use on ATT) and I have date, time and duration on any call (on any day).