Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mooncatt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Zoe?

Can someone please explain to me what Zoe is and how it works?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Zoe?

Imagine you take a picture with several children. You know how hard that can be to get them to all look at the camera and smile at the same time. With Zoe, you look, snap and picture taken. What it does is keeps shooting a split second or so before and after the picture. From that, you can go frame by frame till you get the right shot. Then you can save that picture as a single shot and print it out. It has helped me a lot when taking pictures of my grandkids...
    Oditius (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, LG G Pad 7.0 w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.

But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!

I thought that was burst mode, and Zoe was like a burst mode that turned the many shots into a mini movie clip type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I thought that was burst mode, and Zoe was like a burst mode that turned the many shots into a mini movie clip type thing.
    Zoe, is what I use to pick my pictures, I guess they could work the same. I know if you have an action shot, best to use Zoe. You can choose what you want to print from there. (Like who crossed the finish line first) Never saw anything called Burst Mode on the One, seen it on my Lumia, but I haven't looked at it all. Best to go to YouTube and you can see videos that explain it better.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One M8 via Tapatalk.
    Oditius (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, LG G Pad 7.0 w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.

But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

For now, much like Extreme Power Savings Mode on VZW, it's Vaporware.

It talks about burst mode in the help files on the phone, under "taking continuous camera shots." Basically when using the normal camera in Auto mode, simply holding down the shutter button will capture up to 20 photos. You can then edit the batch from the gallery app. Like stitching several of a kid running through the yard together so you see one scene (the yard), but several instances of the subject (kid) as it moves across the screen. You can also apparently edit out some objects, like another person that randomly appeared in the background for one or two shots, but I haven't explored that feature yet. Here's a sample of a few bursts stitched together of one of my kids. She wasn't cooperating, so I had to move the camera some during the burst to keep her in the frame, which caused the weird coloration on the right side of the image. Also, as you can tell by how her arm was cropped off on the right image of her, you don't want to stitch images together where the subject could overlap. This was the first time playing with this function, so I'm sure it'll get better as I get used to it.

TL;DR: It's just fun to play around with the various camera tricks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zoe?-1403535101258.jpg  
    almath and oditius like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Hatcher View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what Zoe is and how it works?

Posted via Android Central App
    Zoe derived from the word Zoetrope. Gives you the ability to shoot photos that come to life in three-second clips. It's basically a shooting mode within your camera. It records approx 3 seconds of HD video and 20 photos