Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Where did all my camera options go?

    It must just be a setting that I turned off by accident or something. Also, when I take a photo, it shows me a checkmark and a back button. Any idea how to get it back to default settings?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where did all my camera options go?-1403486372251.jpg  
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Where did all my camera options go?

    Quote Originally Posted by NickPorter View Post
    It must just be a setting that I turned off by accident or something. Also, when I take a photo, it shows me a checkmark and a back button. Any idea how to get it back to default settings?
    these are the same things you're talking about. that's because I'm using a messaging app to use the camera. is that what you're doing?



    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Where did all my camera options go?

    Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    these are the same things you're talking about. that's because I'm using a messaging app to use the camera. is that what you're doing?

    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/23/a2ybyzet.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/23/taquza5e.jpg

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply. No, this happens when I open up the camera right from my home screen, not from opening it from a messaging app or something like that.

    When I take a photo, the same checkmark and back button appears just like the screenshot you posted. When I select the checkmark, it closes the camera and kicks me back to the home screen. Any other ideas why this would be happening?

    Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Where did all my camera options go?

    Quote Originally Posted by NickPorter View Post
    Thanks for the reply. No, this happens when I open up the camera right from my home screen, not from opening it from a messaging app or something like that.

    When I take a photo, the same checkmark and back button appears just like the screenshot you posted. When I select the checkmark, it closes the camera and kicks me back to the home screen. Any other ideas why this would be happening?

    Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
    have you rebooted your phone with fastboot disabled?

    if that doesn't work, clear the data of your camera app in the settings.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Where did all my camera options go?

    Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    have you rebooted your phone with fastboot disabled?

    if that doesn't work, clear the data of your camera app in the settings.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Yes I have already tried rebooting with fastboot disabled. Where in the camera setting would I see something to clear data? Not seeing any option like this.

    Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Where did all my camera options go?

    Quote Originally Posted by NickPorter View Post
    Yes I have already tried rebooting with fastboot disabled. Where in the camera setting would I see something to clear data? Not seeing any option like this.

    Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
    oh sorry, I mean the phones settings. so go to settings>apps>all>camera>clear data

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Where did all my camera options go?

    Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    oh sorry, I mean the phones settings. so go to settings>apps>all>camera>clear data

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Didn't mean to like your post haha. Anyways, I did clear the data from the camera and still nothing has changed. Any other ideas?

    Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Where did all my camera options go?

    Totally sure you're not scrolled over to the second screen of camera states after adding some custom ones?

    Sent from my HTC One M8
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Where did all my camera options go?

    Well it just decided to randomly start working! Something that I did ended up fixing it apparently. Thanks for your help

    Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find call duration option
    By diamondRanch in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 10:52 AM
  2. Have to manually connect to my home Wifi all of a sudden
    By Jon Jackson in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 09:09 PM
  3. Camera update
    By pat88 in forum Google Nexus 10 Tablet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 01:48 AM
  4. Galaxy S4 car bluetooth not recognising my contacts
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 08:55 PM
  5. rear camera not working
    By justrun0322 in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 06:14 PM

Posting Permissions