My phone has somehow learned that 've is a a word and often defaults to suggesting and using that instead of the word be. This is very frustrating.

I would like to "unteach" my phone that 've is a word. I have gone into my personal dictionary in Settings (in HTC Sense Input under Language and Keyboard, and 've is not in there. Is there a way to FORCE the phone to forget this word?

Thanks,
    Benjamin
    06-23-2014 03:09 PM
    Same on my phone too! Really annoying!
    06-23-2014 03:56 PM
    just go into the keyboard settings and delete it from your personal dictionary. You'll see the settings icon on the keyboard when you bring it up, lower left if using the default keyboard.
    06-23-2014 04:48 PM
    just go into the keyboard settings and delete it from your personal dictionary. You'll see the settings icon on the keyboard when you bring it up, lower left if using the default keyboard.
    Did you even read my post?

Posted via Android Central App
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    06-23-2014 06:18 PM
    Phone has also learned "dont" without the aposthophe. Obviously the phone is storing words that I incorrectly types once in a location other than the HTC Sense Personal Dictionary.

Any ideas as to where?

06-23-2014 08:53 PM
    Bump. Where are these "non words" being stored if not in the HTC Sense Personal Dictionary??

06-24-2014 05:03 PM
    Bump. Where are these "non words" being stored if not in the HTC Sense Personal Dictionary??

I have sat hear for 30 minutes trying to make my M7 do what you are saying your M8 does. I finally did it. Check and see if you a bilingual language set and if so put it on none.
    06-24-2014 07:20 PM
    OK after making it start going to 've it was stuck on it and the only thing that seem to work was to continue to select be until it started to use it again.
    06-24-2014 08:54 PM
    I have sat hear for 30 minutes trying to make my M7 do what you are saying your M8 does. I finally did it. Check and see if you a bilingual language set and if so put it on none.
    I have Spanish on, and I need Spanish. 've is not a word in Spanish either. So I dont think that's it. Why is it accepting "dont"????? What is wrong with this dictionary?????

06-24-2014 11:20 PM
    Interesting, I just attempted to swipe/typed be and phone behaves normally and I try to swipe/type "'ve" and it always autocorrect itself to be
    06-25-2014 02:59 AM
    Interesting, I just attempted to swipe/typed be and phone behaves normally and I try to swipe/type "'ve" and it always autocorrect itself to be
    So my phone (and the other poster's phone) have stored the word "'ve" because I incorrectly typed it somewhere. The question is, since it's not stored in the HTC Sense Personal Dictionary, where is it storing it???

06-25-2014 05:05 AM
    If you're using a 3rd party keyboard, it may have its own personal dictionary. I know Swype is like that.
    06-25-2014 07:58 AM
    If you're using a 3rd party keyboard, it may have its own personal dictionary. I know Swype is like that.
    Nope. Stock.
    06-25-2014 10:59 AM
    So no one knows where the stores custom words besides the Sense Personal Dictionary?

06-25-2014 08:07 PM
    So no one knows where the stores custom words besides the Sense Personal Dictionary?

I found this for the M7. Maybe it will work for the M8.
    Resetting your predictive text dictionary
    06-25-2014 09:51 PM
    I found this for the M7. Maybe it will work for the M8.
    Resetting your predictive text dictionary
    Thanks. I'm reticient to delete the whole Cache because it will delete all the words I do have saved that I actually use. Plus, I'm not sure it will work, because the only relevent app I could find is the HTC Sense Input and I've already confirmed these non-words are not in that list.

But thank you!

06-26-2014 05:31 AM
    Thanks. I'm reticient to delete the whole Cache because it will delete all the words I do have saved that I actually use. Plus, I'm not sure it will work, because the only relevent app I could find is the HTC Sense Input and I've already confirmed these non-words are not in that list.

But thank you!

I tried it on mine and it did clear out the 've.
    06-26-2014 08:28 AM