Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By erwaso
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Leaving the M8

OK, after playing replacement roulette, I've had enough. I'm switching back to the G2. I might or might not get the G3. Right now it doesn't make since financially, especially since I know the G2 will suit my needs just fine, however, I've had enough of the M8. I'm going to get 1 more replacement, maybe and then put it up for sell. See you guys later.

Scott
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, LG G4 (Not on a Network) & iPhone 6 Plus (Still My Everyday Driver)
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, Droid Turbo, & LG G3 (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

Default Re: Leaving the M8

Wow. I had the m7 and it had the purple camera problem. I swore off HTC forever. What's wrong with your m8?

Sent from Surulere, lagos. Nigeria.

Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    OK, after playing replacement roulette, I've had enough. I'm switching back to the G2. I might or might not get the G3. Right now it doesn't make since financially, especially since I know the G2 will suit my needs just fine, however, I've had enough of the M8. I'm going to get 1 more replacement, maybe and then put it up for sell. See you guys later.

Scott
    What did you not like about the M8 or was it just faulty? I have the G2 and I'm due an upgrade in a few months, so I'm torn between the G3, M8 or the Note 4
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,624 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post

Scott
    Obviously not a happy camper. Must have had problems with his M8. Personally, I am very happy with my M8. I haven't experienced any problems at all. Well, good luck with Replacement roulette. Maybe you'll find a device you will be happy with.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
    Thanked by 2:
    kct1975Robgo 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    What did you not like about the M8 or was it just faulty? I have the G2 and I'm due an upgrade in a few months, so I'm torn between the G3, M8 or the Note 4
    I can't really fault the M8, it just didn't live up to my expectations. As I've stated too many times to count, the camera is not bad, but it's not good either. I'd rank it in the middle of the competition, which is fine, but when you purchase a new "Top of the Line" phone, you want everything to be the best, right? After my camera quite working, I was like, crap. Now I'm going to have to begin the process of swapping out refurbished phones until I can find one that works. That's not the M8's fault. That's the VZW's policy fault.

I'm also not the one to talk to about anything Samsung related. I do not purchase anything made by Samsung. I've heard good things about the Note line. I'm sure that the Note 4 will be a great device as well as the new Galaxy 5.5 or 6. Whatever they are going to call it. I've just never had any luck with a Samsung product.

My advice is to go into the store, hold all the phones. Play with all of the phones, and make a decision that best suits your needs. I am off of buying the G3 on launch day, unless I actually put my hands on it and cannot put it down. The M8 is the first phone I've purchased in a long time without actually picking up the device. Had I, I would not have bought one.

Good Luck!!!!!!
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, LG G4 (Not on a Network) & iPhone 6 Plus (Still My Everyday Driver)
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, Droid Turbo, & LG G3 (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

There's no such thing as a perfect phone. The camera for me suits my needs. So that's why it didn't bother me that it's a middle of the road camera. Good luck

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Robgo 

Expectations are the root of most disappointment. I go in thinking everything sucks, then i look at which is the least sucky lol
    Thanked by:
    ugxvibe likes this.