problem since update

stevextragedy

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Since the last update about a week ago my phone has been losing signal completely for 10 or so seconds ever my 5 mins and its quite annoying to deal with when trying to use apps like Facebook or Spotify, And I've tried to update profile and prl what gives!

Posted via Android Central App

ankah

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue, got a new phone
It also would only connect to 3g, not spark 4g

ankah

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue ( dropped signal off and on constantly)

I got a new phone ( because it could not be fixed it was a problem with the phone)

It also would not connect to 4G/Spark ( you did not have this issue)

stevextragedy

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue ( dropped signal off and on constantly)

I got a new phone ( because it could not be fixed it was a problem with the phone)

It also would not connect to 4G/Spark ( you did not have this issue)

Yes but I've never had this problem before most recent firmware update.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the same issue here!! It's making me nuts! And as I'm out of the initial 14 day period, they're more or less telling me that for the time being, I'm S.O.L. with getting a replacement or exchanging it for another model phone.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
To be clear, you both attempted to factory reset the device already? Because that should be the first golden rule of what to do if your phone starts having issues after a software update.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried to pull the sim? Sometimes giving it 30 seconds will reconnect the phone with the towers and then update the prl

dlocks

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to pull the sim? Sometimes giving it 30 seconds will reconnect the phone with the towers and then update the prl

I also had some of these issues after the update especially connecting to LTE.
HTC tech recommended pulling simcard or clearing system cache.
I went with removing and putting back simcard because that was easiest to do and that fixed my problem.
So start with a simcard pull.

stevextragedy

May 31, 2014
Visit site
To be clear, you both attempted to factory reset the device already? Because that should be the first golden rule of what to do if your phone starts having issues after a software update.

I did a factory reset and before restoring with HTC backup it seemed fine but as soon as I restore it goes back to the same problem what do I do now?

dlocks

May 31, 2010
Visit site
In fact its worse now

Have you tried pulling the simcard? If that doesn't work try clearing the system cache. Do a google search for clearing system cache on htc one m8.
I have used the instructions provided from a t-mobile support page.
Doing a reset does not clear the system cache.
Somebody also suggested taking it a sprint store and have them do a SCRTN which is suppose to set the radios back to the default settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781