Anyone had an M8 screen replaced by HTC UK?

medway808

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Just dropped mine and shattered the screen (only 1 month old, never happened before) so getting some quotes on a repair. HTC won't give me one over email and said I'll need to send the unit in to make sure there's no other damage.

Would be nice to know what just a screen replace costs assuming the rest of the phone is ok (seems so).

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Just dropped mine and shattered the screen (only 1 month old, never happened before) so getting some quotes on a repair. HTC won't give me one over email and said I'll need to send the unit in to make sure there's no other damage.

Would be nice to know what just a screen replace costs assuming the rest of the phone is ok (seems so).

The HTC Advantage Program offers a free screen replacement up for six months after purchase. I'm not sure if it is available in the UK.

The M8 isn't easy to repair, so you're probably looking at $200 or higher for a screen repair, but I'm not sure.

If you bought it with a credit card, however, some card providers will cover damage for a limited amount of time.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I did the same when my M8 was two weeks old.
Gave up on HTC as I had a feeling it was going to be expensive (M7 in the UK is close to £200 to replace the screen.)
I got mine done through Insurance2go.
Took a couple of weeks but cost me £25 excess for a new phone :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12