Water damage on my HTC One M8

Don Dang

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I recently dropped my phone in water for a couple seconds because I'm an ***** and forgot that it was in my pocket. Put it in some rice for a couple days however whenever I charge my phone the LED blinks orange. What do you guys think my best course of action is? Should I replace the battery, if so from where?

Thanks.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I recently dropped my phone in water for a couple seconds because I'm an ***** and forgot that it was in my pocket. Put it in some rice for a couple days however whenever I charge my phone the LED blinks orange. What do you guys think my best course of action is? Should I replace the battery, if so from where?

Thanks.

If everything is dry internally than I would power it up and see what happens. Maybe you got lucky. Do you have insurance for it?

Don Dang

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I tried powering it on after everything was dry internally. I sent it into HTC and of course liquid damage wasn't covered. They quoted me for $350 to repair the screen, camera, and main board. Is there anything else I can do at this point.. I'm probably going to accept the quote.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried powering it on after everything was dry internally. I sent it into HTC and of course liquid damage wasn't covered. They quoted me for $350 to repair the screen, camera, and main board. Is there anything else I can do at this point.. I'm probably going to accept the quote.

You could see if there's a local repair place that could do it for you without damaging the casing to get it open. Replacement is generally unnecessary if it works for the most part.

As crazy as it sounds, the repair process involves taking everything apart and soaking it using distilled water and various electric signals in it to remove the corrosion water damage causes. If anyone else is more familiar with that process and I got something wrong, let me know. It's been a while since I've seen it done.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20