m8 durability?

HTC_Newbie14

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
quick question to the more experienced users of this device how durable are these? I finally got my spigen slim armor and put it on the device and the very next day i dropped it out of my shorts pocket from about waist height to the gravel road while getting into a truck :( I see no visible damage to the device only to the case ( so glad I had it on there the day before... whew)... Now i know devices nowdays are built to withstand some abuse but does dropping them even with a case hurt the device itself in anyway? Im always super paranoid about stuff like that especially since I have no insurance on it my family refuses to buy it and its not my plan so I have no say unfortunately ... so i just try to buy good cases instead. Any thoughts or does anyone have any personal input / experience on the durability of these things?

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
quick question to the more experienced users of this device how durable are these? I finally got my spigen slim armor and put it on the device and the very next day i dropped it out of my shorts pocket from about waist height to the gravel road while getting into a truck :( I see no visible damage to the device only to the case ( so glad I had it on there the day before... whew)... Now i know devices nowdays are built to withstand some abuse but does dropping them even with a case hurt the device itself in anyway? Im always super paranoid about stuff like that especially since I have no insurance on it my family refuses to buy it and its not my plan so I have no say unfortunately ... so i just try to buy good cases instead. Any thoughts or does anyone have any personal input / experience on the durability of these things?

The M8 is a pretty durable phone, and the Spigen Slim Armor is a good case. There is, however, always a risk when you drop your phone. Even if you have a case on it, that doesn't mean it won't sustain damage. With a case, shock damage can still occur and can damage any number of things. And even with a case, the screen is the still not fully protected.

That being said, you're much less likely to damage your phone if you have a case on it.

If you tend to drop things, you should get a screen protector; one with shock protection and exceptional scratch protection. Don't go the PET film route. Look for hardened tempered glass or 'military grade' film.