Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GPS Issues

I have not been able to use any tracking apps with my phone. I have the GPS on and set to high accuracy mode. The maps app pre-installed on the phone sometimes show the location several streets away. Anyone else experiencing problems? Which tracking apps are you using?

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: GPS Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Angela 1 View Post
    I have not been able to use any tracking apps with my phone. I have the GPS on and set to high accuracy mode. The maps app pre-installed on the phone sometimes show the location several streets away. Anyone else experiencing problems? Which tracking apps are you using?
    Reboot your phone and see if that fixes your GPS issues. Also, are there any updates waiting for you to install?

System settings > about phone > software updates.

If it is showing you as several streets away... I bet that is where the tower is that your phone is connected to. Try changing the GPS setting to DEVICE ONLY, and see if gets lost. If so, I would guess your GPS is faulty.

For some reason Waze would never track my location on my M8 so I just just Google maps now..

Posted via Android Central App

I use Waze, Ingress and google maps with no problems on my M8.
    I also use GPS Status if or when i happen to have any GPS issues.
    Id recommend downloading that and seeing what your device is picking up GPS wise.
    You can also use the app to clear aGPS and renew aGPS info.

Witch gps status app are you using? I found several.

Quote Originally Posted by James E1 View Post
    Witch gps status app are you using? I found several.
    GPS Status and Toolbox by Mobiwia - Eclipsim
    James E1 likes this.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I found several offline GPS maps.Which is the best offline GPS maps apps for Android

Quote Originally Posted by Angela 1 View Post
    Which carrier and what version of software are you using? Awhile back there was a problem with Sprint and GPS. After using wifi calling gps was really inaccurate. We had to re boot to get it to work. When the 4.4.4 update came out that bug was fixed. If you're not on Sprint and not still on 4.4.3, I'm guessing you're GPS might be faulty, not so much anything to do with software. At that point I'd take it in for repair or replacement.
    kct1975 likes this.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Great post sir! You really posted a great article and it will help all the person. Who are wanting help form someone. Your information is very helpful.
    Thanks for writing these type of article.