Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By techitrucker
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default M8 and Bluetooth for Cars question

I got a LG G2 last weekend and have the 14 day replace deal still looming. I cannot get the G2 to read SMS to me in my car or I Cannot control the music on my phone with my car. Phone calls work fine. Ive searched and searched and posted other areas and nothing. I'm considering dropping the LG G2 for the M8. Does the M8 have issues with these functions? Is it Kitkat that is the problem or LG? Before my LG I was swapping between a Droid Razr and a Nokia 822 every few weeks and both of these did everything with no problem. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: M8 and Bluetooth for Cars question

The sms should work with a third party app. If your having problems though it's most likely the stereo, not the phone. Stereos over a couple years old may need firmware updated and certain new ones are problematic regardless. Certain car manufactures only think the IPhone exists.

Armadillo, the other white meat.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I have a 2014 Kia and the bluetooth works well. I can control the spotify app using my volume/ffd/rwd controls on my steering wheel. The music plays automatically when I change the source from, let's say AM/FM to Media.

I've never tried to have it read my SMS. (Not sure how to even set that up).

I agree with Techitrucker. It's probably your car stereo and not the phone, although you may want to check to see if your bluetooth is set up to only broadcast phone calls or media as well. Check the stereo to see if it has that option in the bluetooth setup.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the replies. Its a 2012 CIvic and works great with Motorola Razr and Nokia 822. Just not the G2. Also on those phones there are options for it to check and uncheck to do this. I cannot find this option anywhere on my G2.