HTC ONE M8 Google now traffic card not working.

joe morgan4

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded to this phone back in April, I have never gotten a travel card in Google now. All my information is set correctly. It never changed. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 72530.jpg
    72530.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 48

joe morgan4

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok smart ***. I live in region with the worst traffic in the United States(Washington DC). I like to know how long it will take me. I don't need navigation, I just want the ******* time, traffic etc. Next time think before you speak.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
That may have been a Joke... But as far as you're issue with the traffic card, do you receive any other cards? Is traffic the only one not showing?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You could try going to settings > accounts and privacy and ensuring all Google services have permission to use your location, preferably at high accuracy. Google now uses location reporting to recognize you are at home or work and the time of day to know when you will be heading to or from work so it can display that card when It is relevant.

joe morgan4

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
All other cards work. I just don't understand why I need to use high accuracy. My other phone gave me the card with GPS on. I keep WiFi on too. So I should be able to tell where I'm at, roughly

joe morgan4

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Here's what you do. Open Google now, scroll to the bottom, hit the magic wand icon, then click everything else, then find continue to get updates about travel time and turn it on. Simple as that, and that had me pissed for 4 days lol. All is good now.

Attachments

• 93216.jpg
    93216.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 93217.jpg
    93217.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 93218.jpg
    93218.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 21

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
All other cards work. I just don't understand why I need to use high accuracy. My other phone gave me the card with GPS on. I keep WiFi on too. So I should be able to tell where I'm at, roughly

I use GPS a lot in areas where I various degrees of cell coverage (from excellent to little or no reception) and WiFi reception for the same reasons as you. However the high accuracy setting add GPS into the mix where Battery Saving only uses WiFi and Cell. You may not need the GPS radio in the DC area, but having it set to high accuracy is not going to cause any problems or extra battery drain. In fact I found that getting the route info and navigation setup was quicker with high accuracy turned on.

I know that this was not what was the root of your issue, but I thought I would share my experience.

joe morgan4

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I never logged if high accuracy for the GPS drains the battery. I just remember on older phones it did. Either way, with the M8, the phone is so quick I just turn on GPS O ly when I need it. May take an extra few seconds, but O well.

samart8382

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I only have three options under the "everything else" option in customise Google Now, and the traffic updates is not one of it. How do i access other cards in M8?

The "Home" and "office" addresses have been set and my location accuracy is set to high accuracy already. I'm still not able to figure out how to re-activate the traffic card.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks for the responses in advance!

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I only have three options under the "everything else" option in customise Google Now, and the traffic updates is not one of it. How do i access other cards in M8?

The "Home" and "office" addresses have been set and my location accuracy is set to high accuracy already. I'm still not able to figure out how to re-activate the traffic card.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks for the responses in advance!

Google Now is great at telling you what you don't want to know when you don't want to know it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234