pandora messing up

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
when i use pandora on my wifi, there is no problem it plays perfectly, but when im on my 4g its ****ty.

basically what happens is if im driving around in my car listening to pandora i listen to one song, then i have to turn on my phones screen in order for it to change to the next song. it didnt happen with my iphone but its happening with my m8. is this something someone else has had a problem with?

i have uninstalled it and re installed it a few times but to no avail so thats not it. and i havent changed my daily rout or anything so it isnt a loss of coverage....wtf bro

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does that behavior happen only on the drive, or also when you're at home, or hanging out at a cafe, still using 4G? How about at your wireless provider's store? If you can demonstrate that behavior there, maybe they can do something about it, like trying a replacement SIM card.

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
It happens any time I'm not on WiFi. I'll be sitting at my desk with Pandora on my phone and I might play 3 songs in a row but then I'll have to do the same thing of turning the screen on

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It isn't necessarily the phone or Android--it could be Pandora's fault. Have you emailed the developer?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I use Pandora every time I get in my car without this problem. I HAVE seen Pandora get stuck, but when it does, I have to kill the process before it will come back. ATT M8, using tasker to auto-launch when BT connects. Turn off sleep mode?

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
ok so i figured it out.....

there is a box on the pandora settings called 'limit background data' that wasn't checked so whenever my phone's screen turned off it considered pandora as in the background id assume so it wouldn't let it continue playing until i turned the screen on and brought it to the 'foreground' if you will...i clicked the box and now it works perfectly...thanks for the help my buv's ....now if only i could fix my blurry pictures i receive from text messages..............................